Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Truthful Lie: Ch 21

The Proposal:

This is probably the update that a lot of people have been waiting for...

So, sit back, relax and have a nice read.

To recap what had happened previously...

Ron had drove Leila and Jacky home, tucked him into bed and left Leila with a goodnight kiss. He then saw Myolie’s text message and drove to pick her up at the hospital.

Myolie got onto his car as he drove her home

Ron looked at her: You can say it...

Myolie: Say what?

Ron: You know exactly what I’m talking about

Myolie laughed: Oh...Told you so

Ron: Little cupid trying to pull some strings...

Myolie: And?

Ron: And what?

Myolie: Did you like your role today, as a father and husband?

Ron: surprisingly...I did...

Myolie: And?

Ron: I think I’d like to have kids in a few years...be a good role model...set a good example...

Myolie: Sounds like you’ve been influenced...

Ron: Maybe I had too much fun...

Myolie: Better than flirting with girls?

Ron: Maybe...

Myolie looked at him: I think you’ll make a pretty good father some day...

Ron: I sure hope so...at least I want my kids to not resent me the way I resent my own father.

Myolie: Hey, don’t say things like that...your father secretly cares for you...

Ron: My father, he probably cares about his other mistresses more...after marrying auntie Louisa the tabloids still caught him at night clubs with a couple of girls in their twenties trying to make it big someday

Myolie laughed: The tabloids caught you with a few young girls too...

Ron: You sound like my brother...so what if I was caught having a couple of random flings...the point is I’m still single and so you can almost say that I’m in the mood for experiencing different things. However, if I were to be married I would whole-heartedly be a loving husband and I’ll even try my best to not even look at some hot girl in her early twenties

Myolie laughed: Really?

Ron: Ya...after seeing how depressed my mom became because of my dad I don’t want to see another woman that I love so dearly have to go through something like that again...

Myolie: Then what happened five years ago?

Ron sighed: I was young and foolish and didn’t understand the true meaning of what a family meant...and how that warmth can really overcome any infatuations and misplaced desires...something I learned today

Ron drove his car into the lot of the condominium and the both of them went up to Myolie’s place.

Ron remembered this place pretty well...he spent a couple of nights here once when Myolie wasn’t in town and he used to spend those nights alone. It was at a point where he had a lot on his mind and nowhere to go, and no one to spill all his feelings to. Her place gave him some comfort, a piece of mind...and now that she were back, everything felt so right.

Myolie: You still have a set of spare keys to my place, right?

Ron nodded: I used to come here once in a while...when you weren’t around, hope you didn’t mind

Myolie: As long as you didn’t do some nasty things in my bedroom with some random girl on the streets, I’m fine with it

Ron smiled: Well then, you’d be happy to find out I just used her place as a little sanctuary for me to think things through

Myolie closing the door behind her: Really?

Ron: Ya...it’s just cause I’m so used to telling things to you that when you weren’t around...I guess in a way I needed something to remind me of you to help me think clearly...

Myolie laughed: Wow, so I mean THAT much to the ever so eligible bachelor, Ron Ng?

Ron chuckled: Surprisingly, you do.

Myolie: To be honest, I’m a bit flattered

Ron: This might sound really silly, but I’ve been doing some thinking while I was driving to the hospital to pick you up...and, well...will you be my back-up wife?

Myolie: Back-up wife?

Ron: You know, if by the time you turn 38 and you haven’t found your Mr. Right, and I’m still single...we get married

Myolie: 38? Don’t people usually go for around 40?

Ron: I thought a bit about that too and well, they say that after a woman turns 38 the chances of them being pregnant to a baby with a likely hood for genetic mutations increases...so...

Myolie laughed: You seem to have really thought these things through...and again, I’m flattered but...is that really necessary?

Ron: I...I’m not sure. I just think that I’ve been with a lot of different women and I’ve been in love with Tavia for a pretty long time too...but in all honesty, I feel most comfortable with you...

Myolie: Ron...

Ron: Maybe it’s getting late and I’m exhausted because I’ve been up the entire day and roaming around Disneyland with a little kid on my shoulders for quite a bit of the day and so I’m saying a lot of things that might not exactly make the most sense. But, what I’m trying to say is...

Myolie: You don’t have to say anything, it’s ok. You have a lot on your mind and a lot to think about...plus you’re tired...how about we just eat and then talk about it in the morning?

Ron nodded in agreement. They went over to the dining table and ate away in silence. Myolie was right, they should talk about it in the morning...

Myolie: I think you have a little too much on your mind, maybe you should stay over tonight. You can take the guest room...I think you left some clothes here the last time you stayed at my place...while I wasn’t home

Ron looked away from his bowl of noodles and looked at her: Ya, I kind of forgot about them...but I think I washed them already or I should have

Myolie: You did, so it doesn’t smell like a dump in my guest room

Ron: That’s a relief...I guess I’ll stay the night then. Are you off tomorrow?

Myolie nodded

~ In the morning~

By the time Myolie woke up it was already 11, she went to wash up a bit before going into the kitchen to make herself some coffee. Passing by the guest room it occurred to her that Ron had stayed the night and was still fast asleep.

The aroma of the roasting coffee beans had woken up the exhausted Ron as he came out of the room and headed to the bathroom to wash up, himself. Heading towards the kitchen now, he noticed Myolie standing there with a cup of coffee in her hand as she slowly breathe in its aroma.

Ron: Good morning

Myolie: Morning, coffee?

Ron: Of course

She poured him a cup and watched as he added in the cream and sugar

Myolie: Aren’t you afraid of diabetes and high cholesterol?

Ron: Not really, a doctor’s standing right next to me...I think I’m in good hands

Myolie smiled: That’s true...you are in good hands

Ron: So, any plans for today? Maybe a date with Mr. Chan?

Myolie: No date with Mr. Chan...but...I think I’m supposed to meet up with my dad for lunch today, you could join us if you want

Ron: I don’t want to interfere with the father-daughter lunch date now, do I?

Myolie: I don’t think he would mind, actually he’d probably be ecstatic and have some ideas of his own why I decided to invite you along

Ron laughed: Of course, the matchmaking...and to think I almost forgot that we supposedly were meant to be...which reminds me of the blabbering I did last night...sorry about that, though the proposal was actually legitimate

Myolie: Well, I can’t just easily accept any proposal you know. After all I’m the only child of the Wu family

Ron chuckled: I’ll keep that in mind, and I’ll propose again another time...properly

======================

How did everyone like the Ronolie update...surprised that it WOULD be a Ronolie update to begin with? Anyways, I've been looking forward to writing more Ronolie stuff...just because I think their friendship hasn't been explored enough in this fanfic and it's totally worth mentioning. A lot of you were probably disappointed that there was no TaRo and RL, but don't worry...there will be lots of that coming soon as well (especially from my newest fanfic lol)

Anyways, from now on I will post all updates on my blog instead of going to winglin and struggle to log in and etc. This means that I'm looking forward to reading all your comments from here...so please leave a comment here or on the cbox...and I do expect at least 5 comments or so before another update.

That's all for now...

Randomness...OUT!!!

6 comments:

Nina said...

No RL a little diappointed but I'm glad you update. I've never thought that Ronolie have so close friendship. Great chapter. I'm looking forward to the next chapt with RL in it (lol)
Update soon plaease

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, i have been waiting for a long time. As much as i liked the Myo and Ron scenes, I can hardly wait for read about him and Tav.
Thanks again

toby said...

Love the latest update on Ronolie, thank you! thank you! now you have me dreaming of them being together. I really like the way you have written on their friendship. I hope there will be more to come. I've already booked marked this site to come and read this story and others you will be posting in the future. Thanks again for writing, really really enjoyed this chapter.

Anonymous said...

The story is amazing, thanks. Update soon!

Anonymous said...

Yay I am number 5, does that mean you will update soon? I have waited a long time for this update and now i can't wait for the next one. Please continue with this story, I really enjoy it. Thanks

Anonymous said...

nice story but was disapoointed as no TaRo. thanks for updating =)