Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The Stalker: Ch 9

Who and Why

I’m so sorry for not updating this fanfic...and leaving it ‘hanging’ when I haven’t even revealed enough information about it...I hope everyone sticks around for this fanfic because it’s quite a story...well at least it is in my head lol

Recap:

So, in the previous chapter Ron had started working at Eclipse Enterprise as the manager for the marketing department. He then took a walk around the area to make observations with the intention of finding out more about his target. When he got to the flower shop, there was only Macy there and the two began having a nice little conversation, only to find out that his target his a ‘mysterious boyfriend’ who calls a few times a week. Just when Ron wanted to ask more about this ‘mystery’ man, Tavia (his target) comes back and the two of them exchange a few words before Ron leaves her standing there speechless...

Ron came home from his first day of work, ready to just lounge on the couch watching a TVB series or something with his ‘dad’ and hearing him complain about how horrible the quality the series has become. But to his surprise when he got home he found his ‘dad’ on the computer

Wong Ching: Why? Why are they doing this? This is ridiculous!

Michelle: What’s ridiculous?

Wong Ching: Take a look for yourself

Michelle: The poor boy is being paired up with another ‘new’ actress again...why are they doing this to him? And he’s not even a main lead in this new series...that is ridiculous

Wong Ching: Cheuk-hei deserves better...I thought he’d be actually paired up with Yeung Yi...look how compatible they are in that interview

Michelle: I really liked them in The Academy, but I think this time Cheuk-hei should be paired up with Ka-Yan, look at their outfits, they actually match...and it’s not the first time either

Wong Ching: They would make quite a good looking couple...but still Cheuk-hei and Yeung Yi...

Michelle: I don’t know...the more I look at the pictures the more I prefer him to be with Ka-Yan

Ron cleared his throat: Mom, dad, I’m home

Wong Ching: Yes, someone to break the tie...who do you think looks better with Cheuk-hei? Yeung Yi or Ka-Yan?

Ron: Well...Yeung Yi and him did collaborate before and...

Wong Ching: You have a good eye my boy

Michelle: So you think that Cheuk-hei looks better with Yeung Yi then?

Ron: I didn’t say that...I was just...

Wong Ching: So you prefer Ka-Yan over Yeung Yi?

Ron: you know what, I think I should take a shower first...for some reason you’re making it seem like I’m choosing my future wife or something

Wong Ching: hey, let’s pretend that YOU ARE choosing your future wife...now between Yeung Yi and Ka Yan, who would you pick?

Ron laughed: I think you’re taking this a bit too seriously?

Michelle: Just pick one...

Ron noticed that his phone was vibrating in his pocket and looked at the caller id

Ron: You know what, I pick Leila Tong...or at least I’m going to pick up her call before she thinks something’s not going according to plan

He walked into his room to answer her call

~ On the phone~

Ron: Hi, you just saved my life

Leila: Stuck in an argument between your new parents?

Ron: Ya...if this is how old married couples are, I don’t think I’ll ever get married...they were arguing about who looks better with some TVB dude named Cheuk-hei

Leila: Sounds like them, alright.

Ron: So? What’s this call all about?

Leila: Just checking on you, see how you did on your first day of work...

Ron: Shouldn’t you call Linda instead, isn’t it obvious that I would make it sound as though the day went extremely well and that you shouldn’t worry about a thing. But Linda, she would tell you the truth whether or not it did go well...so...

Leila: I already called her...so, I just want to see if your stories match...even though I specifically seeked you out for this mission...

Ron: Doesn’t mean you trust me 100% right?

Leila: Exactly

Ron: Ok...let’s see, it went pretty well...I got some looks of admiration from the female employees, some uncomfortable looks from the male employees...I had an interesting little conversation with Linda, took a walk on the street, met our target and left her standing at her flower shop speechless...that’s about it

Leila: You met our target today? Was she doing anything suspicious? Did you find out anything else about her?

Ron: Well, she’s extremely paranoid around me...she thinks I’m stalking her...which I guess is technically correct. But, what I found that was particularly interesting from her employee at the flower shop is that she has a mysterious boyfriend. Apparently he calls a couple of times a week...maybe you should look into that...you know, check who it is...maybe this ‘mystery man’ is another piece to our unsolved puzzle.

Leila: Alright, I’ll look into that...anyways, rest up...you’ve still got a long way to go with this mission. We’ll keep in touch...and maybe you should make our target less paranoid of you...maybe...take Nancy to the flower shop...you know...

Ron: For show...

Leila: Yup, for show

Ron: Ok...bye

Leila: Bye...wait...Ron

Ron: Ya?

Leila: Don’t get too attached, ok?

Ron: I’ll try my best...I don’t want history to repeat itself again...

Leila: Well, take care. Bye

~ end~

Before he could say another word, she had already hung up. She was always like that, always wanted to have the last word, whether it was during a normal conversation or an argument...that was the Leila Tong that he knew back in the day when they were still in training. No, it was even before that...too long ago.

Lounging back on his chair he thought about the things that he saw at the company today, and what Macy told him about the ‘mystery man’ who was apparently the boyfriend of his target...and in the pit of stomach Ron felt as though this ‘mystery man’ was involved with this case. Who could he be?

The other thing on his mind was the person who told Linda about her new ‘stepmother’ and about her past marriages...His thought then turned into pity...he felt her sorrow when he was having that conversation with her in her office, and he also saw a glimpse of hope from her...as though she was secretly wishing that her ‘stepmother’ wasn’t the type of person that the evidence seems to point to. He had to admit, Linda was a bit too naive and innocent to be involved in something so complex. From having her employees see her as a target to advance in their careers, to members of the board of directors viewing her as an incompetent replacement and to all of this. She deserved better...and so he too started to secretly hope that her ‘stepmother,’ his target...Tavia Yeung was in fact innocent...or innocently got involved in such a complex matter.


=================

I sincerely hope that you guys enjoyed this new update for my fanfic The Stalker. I seriously hope that you found the beginning a bit entertaining and ironic. Hopefully you all realize that the series that Michelle and Wong Ching were discussing was Yes Sir, No Sir. I'm really excited about this fanfic and where I'm planning to go with it, the plot...the characters and all of that. Funny enough the 'villain' of the story hasn't even been introduced yet...and well...I look forward to making his introduction one that will be quite interesting.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed the read. Please comment, either here or in the cbox...and once again 5 or more comments before an update.

So...comment, comment and comment!!!


Randomness...OUT!!!

1 comment:

lorraine said...

hehehe, loved the line "You know what, I pick Leila Tong.." lol it just sounds so good...i love thoose two!! =D i know im getting off track here...but man, im hoping ill get to see ron and leila paired up in a tvb series again. its been too long and i miss them so much! >< anyways back to your story =p never seem to find much space to criticize, other than the fact you need to update sooner! thanks :)