Sunday, January 29, 2012

Someone Like You: Ch 4

Howdy folks,

FIRST POST OF THE YEAR!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR! and HAPPY LUNAR NEW YEAR!!!It’s been a while, but I’m back and I will be updating this fanfic properly. Let’s get started.

==

The two of them walked out of the tea shop and Ron led the way. Four blocks later they were standing in front of this small ice cream shop.

Ron: Come on

Leila: You made me walk all this way for some ice cream?

Ron: Yup...but not just any ice cream...the best ice cream in a 30 mile radius

Leila: Really?

Ron: Come on...give it a try

After finishing her ice cream, she noticed that he was staring at her...

Leila: What is it?

Ron: What do you think?

Leila: It was ok

Ron: Ok? And yet you were really focused in finishing the ice cream

Leila: Well...I don’t like it when my ice cream melts

Ron: Uh huh...well...I’m glad you enjoyed it

Leila: I never said I enjoyed it

Ron chuckled: Of course...the heiress would never admit to something like that...anyways, since this is apparently our first date...we should get to know each other, right? Like from the beginning...

Leila: Again?

Ron: Why not? We have lots of time to kill...unless you’re awfully sick of seeing my face, which, if you are...don’t tell me

Leila: Fine...we’ll start over.

Ron: Ok, great. I’m Ron Ng

Leila: I’m Leila Tong

Ron: As in the daughter of THE Mr. Tong of Tong Corp

Leila: I am...

Ron: Wow, it’s a pleasure to meet you Leila...so, why is an heiress like you on a date with a guy like me?

Leila smiled: Let’s just say I need a change of perspective

Ron: You have a lovely smile you know...

Leila: Thanks...so...Ron, what do you do?

Ron: Currently, I’m just helping out my sister...but before I was a pilot, then I went into business developing a few programs and stuff like that...how about you?

Leila: I went abroad to study, came back to work for my dad...but decided I need a change of scenery. So, you were a pilot?

Ron: Ya...you probably don’t believe it...but I was...and it didn’t work out

Leila: Ok...

Ron: You know, you’re not so bad...I feel like this is our first civilized conversation

Leila: Oh great...and we were doing so well too...

Ron: So, are you really working for my sister cause you want a change of scenery?

Leila: Were you really a pilot?

Ron: Of course I was

Leila: Sure you were...and as for me it’s the reason I provided to you earlier and the fact that I wanted a change of scenery

Ron: Not because you want to prove your daddy wrong?

Leila: Why do you think that?

Ron: Too many TVB series with my mom...or because a lot of rich people do that type of thing...not wanting to be type casted as someone who was born with a silver spoon in their mouths, not knowing how the world is, not practical...living in another world...

Leila: Oh, is that so?

Ron shrugged: It is...you’re not the first one I met who’s like that...nothing to be ashamed of

Leila: This coming from a guy who tells a girl he’s a pilot

Ron: WAS a pilot

Leila: Whatever, I’m leaving

Ron: You don’t even know where we are

Leila: I’ll call my family’s chauffer

Ron: This coming from the ‘I need a change of scenery’ person, why won’t you just call your Power Chan?

Leila: Bye

She walked out of the shop and made her call leaving Ron sitting there.

Leila ranting: I can’t believe I was having a decent conversation with that despicable guy. Why does he have to ruin things for? And where is this place? Never again will I follow him! So frustrating!!!

Ron walked out to hear her ranting aloud to herself

Ron: Not only are you judgemental, you’re slightly crazy too...fantastic

Leila: Why are you following me?

Ron: Oh? I didn’t know leaving the shop meant that I’m following you? You’re crazy

Leila: Why are you being so petty?

Ron: I’m being petty, you got to be kidding me...you’re the one who’s picking a fight

Leila: You’re the one who called me crazy

Ron: Talking to yourself is generally a symptom

Leila: I wouldn’t be ranting to myself if you were acting like a proper grownup and we had continued our civilized conversation...

Ron: Ok, so it’s my fault...fine...I guess I’m just a terrible person so, since you’re boyfriend is coming I should get going

Leila: My boyfriend?

Ron pointed at the car that was coming towards them, the license plate, as expected from rich people actually read the guy’s name

Leila: You can’t leave

Ron: Why not?

Leila: It’s...well...because...

Ron: Go on...

Leila looked at her watch: It’s only 3:30...our work day ends at 5...

Ron took a deep breath: Fine...

He walked over and embraced her and whispered

Ron: You win...this time

Leila smiled: Oh no, your sister said that we have to be a pair...so...

The car stopped, the man walked out and next thing Ron knew his left cheek was throbbing and he was on the floor

Power shouting: What are you doing with my fiancée?

=====

I almost forgot how fun it is to write an entire chapter filled with lots of dialogue and bickering. I’m sorry for the delay though, sometimes I just go through bouts of writer’s block...but now I’m back...I hope you enjoyed this update and will leave me a comment or two, cause I love reading your comments.

Also, I will be starting a new fanfic that will be posted once a month, until the end of this year...I’ll post a little something about that later. Oh, and I’ve noticed posts on the cbox about the new series with Ron and Linda. I have been watching that series and I thoroughly enjoy it, but I’m only on episode 8 or so, so I have a lot of catching up to do as well.

Anywho, remember to leave me a comment or comments and I WILL BE BACK!!! (Soon)

Randomness...OUT!!!

2 comments:

Nina said...

Thank you for your update
I really enjoy RLei's conversation in here, it's sooo funny esp. the end of this chapter lol

lorraine said...

haahaha funny convo between ron and leila.

who's the guy that came out of the car and punched Ron?!?! :o

update soon!!