Saturday, August 27, 2011

Take 2: Ch 24


Ch 24

Leila: Just start from the top

Ron: The top?

Leila smiled: Of your email

Ron: Oh, right. I could...read it to you

Leila: I’m pretty sure you know what you wrote...so...just tell me

Ron: Oh...ok...

Leila smiled, which for split second made his heart flutter and eased his worries...but then the fluttering increased into a more painful pounding in his chest. Her smile to him was beautiful, and at the same time...it brought back too much of their past together.

Leila: Go on...

Ron avoided her gaze, took a deep breath and tried to recall what he wrote...

Ron: I think...I started off apologizing for the way I behaved that day...so...I’m sorry.

Leila: Apology accepted

Ron: And then...I wanted to explain myself...explain why I can’t look at you when we talk, and the reason why I’m so quiet when we had our walk... It’s just...I’m too nervous to look at you...this might sound silly but I’ve always been a little intimidated by your presence...maybe it’s because of how great of a person I find you to be...or because I think you’re...well...just too beautiful to be...here...standing next to me...and now that...we’ve broken up...I just really want you back in my life as a friend...but I really don’t know how to go about doing that. I don’t want to say the wrong things to screw up this fragment of our friendship that still somehow managed to survive after our break up. And I know...

Leila: Ron...it’s ok...look at me...

He wanted to raise his head to look at her angelic face instead of her shoes...but gravity, or the pain that still lingered in his heart didn’t seem to let him do so. He suddenly felt the warmth of her hand on his face as she slowly helped him raise his head and let his eyes meet hers. He wanted to grab a hold of her hand, place it against his heart in hopes that she would be able to heal it...to mend it, but he just couldn’t.

Leila: I’d like to have a friend like you in my life too...but...if you want us to be friends...I think you should also accept that I’m with Bosco now. I don’t know why you don’t seem to like him...but he’s the one I’m in love with...and...if you’re my friend...I only hope that you could learn to accept him.

Ron slowly took her hands off his face because if they were there any longer...he wouldn’t be able to resist the urge to pull her close to his body and embrace her...or maybe kiss her.

Ron: There are a lot of things you don’t know...and...that’s all I have to say about him. I don’t think that I’ll be able to accept him...but I’ll try to tolerate the fact that he’s the one you’re in love with...in hopes that you can accept me as a friend again

Leila smiled: That’s all I’m asking for...and...besides...when did we stop being friends?

Ron: I’m glad to hear that...I missed you

Leila: Ron...

Ron: As a friend

Leila: Right...as a friend

Ron: Well...I don’t want to keep you for too long...so...I’ll see you around then, another time...

Leila: Sure...and we could hang out...the three of us...

Ron: The three of us?

Leila smiled: You, me...and Linda...I’m not going to force you to accept Bosco right away...so...don’t worry...

Ron: Thanks...and...tell Bosco that if he ever mistreats you...he’ll have to answer to me

Leila laughed: Thanks...I’m glad we had this talk

Ron: Me too...now I can...study?

Leila: I think you’ve been spending a bit too much time with Linda...

Ron: Oh...that’s probably because we have been spending quite a bit of time together

Leila: She’s a great person

Ron: I know...

Leila: Don’t let her slip away

Ron: What?

Leila: You know what I mean...

She started to walk away, and then turned around to wink at him.

At least now he had the chance to tell her what was on his mind all this time...but Leila felt that she should’ve asked him a question that lingered in her mind...whether or not he was still in love with her. If he was...then what she said to him, must’ve been another stab at his heart...and that would’ve been too cruel. But...if he really had moved on...and winning her back as a friend was all he wanted...then she did him a favour...telling him to go after Linda. It was impossible that nothing would stem from their friendship if Linda was the one who was by his side through this entire break-up.

Leila only wished that Ron’s answer would’ve been that he had moved on...

========================
Ya...no recap...no nothing...I guess I'm kinda lazy. If you need a refresher...I think scrolling down to the previous chapter would do the trick. (I apologize for my tardiness...in both updating and adding recaps)

I can't wait to end this fanfic...it'll be a good ending...and I feel as though...the next chapter should be the finale...but that's just me. Anywho...I hope you enjoyed it...and well...comment please...the more the merrier!

Randomness...OUT!!!

2 comments:

Nina said...

Finally a Ronlei chapter. So sad that Leila doesn't want him back.
Will he move on with Linda?
Update the final chapter soon, I still hope a Ronlei ending :).

Cave Dancer said...

I demand Ron and Leila together again.