Friday, December 17, 2010

A Truthful Lie: Ch 23: Sincerity

Ch 23

I guess for starters I should apologize for the lack of updates for this fanfic. I know I apologize quite often and you could probably draw the conclusion that my apologies are insincere, however, let me assure you that my apologies are indeed sincere. Enough of that, I know that most of you have been waiting around for 2 months for this fanfic and so I won’t elongate your wait any longer.

==

As Ron walked back to his office a wonderful smile was plastered on his face, a smile that could literally melt away any woman’s heart. Even though Ron was usually in a good mood, his smile was never this contagious or gorgeous...and Leila could tell that this smile came from deep within.

Ron settled down in his office whistling a familiar tune as he heard a knock on the door. Looking up to see that it was Leila, he signalled for her to come in.

Ron: And what can I do for you?

Leila: I’m interested in knowing about my progress report...

Ron: I already sent it to your professor...so the two of you can discuss about it. But don’t worry, I said great things about you...

Leila: Thanks

Ron: Not a problem. So, why exactly are you here?

Leila: Didn’t I just tell you?

Ron: I’m pretty sure that was all a matter of pretence...

Leila: Fine...I was curious as to why you’re in such a good mood

Ron chuckled: And you used to say you weren’t the gossiping type...

Leila: I’m not asking so I can gossip about it...I’m asking out of pure curiosity

Ron: Well...I’m taking Ms. Yeung to dinner tonight (he smiled)

Leila: That’s wonderful

But as she said those words she felt a little sting within her. For some reason she wasn’t happy for him at all...

Ron: And it’s all thanks to you really

Leila: How?

Ron: Hanging out with you and Jacky made me realize how wonderful it would be to settle down and have a family...something I’ve never really thought about in the past.

Leila smiled: I’m a bit in awe at the fact that Mr. Ron Ng is willing to settle down and start a family...considering all of the lovely scandals you’ve been a part of over the years...but I’m glad that Jacky and I helped you come to that realization

Ron stood up and walked over to her, and unexpectedly gave her a warm embrace.

Ron: Thank you

She stood there truly in awe, her heart pounding quickly, feeling her blood rush to her cheeks and hoping that he didn’t realize or notice. Could it be that she had actually fallen for him?

She broke free from his embrace and quickly left his office as he started to chuckle realizing how freaked out she looked and how all the other employees saw what he just did. But, he didn’t feel like clearing her name, that’s probably because there’s really nothing between them, other than maybe an interesting friendship.

But, that was not how everyone else saw that warm embrace that Ron had given Leila. Luckily, Tavia understood the embrace that Ron had given Leila. Maybe it was because she knew him well enough to realize that indeed he was a very friendly and open person. She still remembered the first embrace he ever gave her after she had helped him solve a riddle that someone had asked him.

Tavia couldn’t believe this, but she was smiling. Smiling at the thought of Ron and her...their past before things got too complicated and before he broke her heart. Yes, he was once again giving her that same feeling he gave her years ago when they had gotten together. The warm smile, sweet yet sincere words...it was all coming back, but this time from a more mature Ron Ng who seemed to have realized that family is equally important.

Working at the company she realized where his attitude towards family came from...she realized that what he did was the one thing he actually did not want to do.  She knew that everything he’d done was similar to what his father did and continues to do till this very day. But how can she not blame him for breaking her heart, for betraying her trust...for making her feel as though she was just another one of the silly women who would throw themselves at him. Even though their past still haunted her...the cold frost that had covered her broken heart was starting to melt away by his slow change and his sincerity.

Later that day

~ Bistro~

The two of them sat across from one another under the bright moonlight in a restaurant that they had once visited years ago. Memories of their past rushed into both of their minds...those were indeed beautiful moments that they had shared.

Ron: I wonder if their steak is still as good as before...

Tavia: I’m not sure...I haven’t been back here in a while

Ron: I guess we should give it a try to see if it’s still good

Tavia: And what if it’s not?

Ron smiled: Then we can always order something else...something different.

Tavia: Ron...

Ron: Ya?

Tavia: Do you want me back because you want to make amends...or...

Ron: It’s because...I still love you

Tavia: How do you know that? It’s been years Ron...people change, feelings change...how do you know that you still love me and not just regret the fact that we ended on such a bad note?

Ron: I...

Tavia: I don’t know if I can go through with this...

Ron: Tavia, just listen to me...I asked you out for dinner as friends...I want to start things over again. What happened in the past is history...neither of us can do anything to change it. But right now, right now all I know is that I want to share a meal with you, catch up on the years I’ve missed out because of what I did...and I want to be there for you again. I don’t want to tell you that I love you, I want to show you that I love you, that I care, and that I’m changing...not only for you but for me as well. I know you’ve tried to forget about me, about us...and I know that my presence over the last few months hasn’t made things easy for you...but I just hoped that you could somehow sense my sincerity...

Tavia looked at him, it was that tone, that look in his eyes that simply melted her heart...

Tavia: I can...and I don’t want to admit that I can...because I don’t want history to repeat itself

Ron: But it won’t

He placed his hand on hers

Ron: I promise...

===================

How did you like my update? Disappointed that it's a bit short? Happy that there's both RL and TaRo moments? Or simply just curious as to what I'll write next or when I'll be updating next lol

This month has been crazy...with all the exams and assignments. I'm pretty much exhausted and I'm still studying at the moment for my last exam, which is this Saturday (how I despise saturday midterms/exams).

Remember to leave a comment...and wish me goodluck? lol Anyways...I'll be updating other stuff soon.


RANDOMNESS...OUT!!!

3 comments:

toby said...

Thanks so much for the update Randomness. I am curious as to when Myolie will appear again. Have you decided how your story will end or how many more chapters you will be writing on this story? It also seems that Leila has also fallen for Ron, but Ron just sees her as a friend. I'm still hoping for a Ronolie ending as I'm a Ronolie fan but thanks for writing. And all the best of luck in school and exams!

lorraine said...

Hey! thanks for updating! i just finished my last exam...first thing i did? hahaha went on your blog to see if you've updated...LOL thanks for not disappointing me :p
anyways! aahhh now im like having a dilemma as to what i want this story to end..haha i dunno which i prefer =/ on one hand i love to see how ron has matured so much in your story from the very beginning...and having him telling tavia that he wants to have a family with her was so so sweet! but then...i was so sad on the other hand cus i love leila to death and ahh...! yea you know what i mean haha! but i guess either way, i'll still love your ending. but yea, just really curious what you're gonna update next with this! thanks for updating again and hopefully i get to read more soon :) !

Nins said...

Thanks for updating.
Ron want start over with Tavia. What about Leila, she is falling for him. Can't wait to read more
RL4ever.