Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Series of Unexpected Events: Chapter 4

I did it!!! I updated like I said I would...this chapter is a pretty entertaining one for sure...and for everyone who misses reading about RL...well here you go.

It Starts Here

Character: Leila Tong

To the world I’m just a crazy money hungry manager who continuously pushes the only author under her contract to continuously produce wonderful best sellers. But, the world doesn’t see who the real Leila Tong is...the world just sees what the world wants to see. And to be very honest, the world only seems to want to see the worse in people.

I may not be as gentle and caring as any other woman my age, but there are certain things I do care about in life, and it’s not just money. I too want to start a family some day, a loving husband, kids maybe even a dog running around the house...but I’m not there yet, I’m not at that point in my life where I’m comfortable enough to settle down. I’m just not ready to commit...but in fact I am committing. I’m committing myself to a relationship that could end up nowhere...well...actually it’s more of a very close friendship.

Sometimes I see him sit in his office staring blankly at his laptop as though transfixed by the tiny pixels and then at times I see him walking back and forth aimlessly as though he’s trying to figure something out. Most of the time, I haven’t a clue what he’s up to...or what goes on in that creative brain of his...but whatever does go on in there is beautiful and sometimes I secretly wish that I could enter his world. A world filled with colour, filled with romance and delicate heart-felt words that a girl or a woman only wishes to hear from her beloved.

Sometimes I find myself infatuated by his charm; by the way he can use the pen or in this modern age his laptop to create such beauty. At times I think I’ve fallen in love with the man that I’ve known for almost a decade...but have I really fallen for him?

The world sees me as his crazy money hungry manager...those in the business sees me as his ‘second wife’ and he sees me as his junior from university. Our friendship sprung from nothingness and it has grown into something so full of life. I was there when he met his wife, I was there when they got married...and sadly I was also by his side when his wife had passed away. I don’t think I could ever replace her nor have I ever thought of doing such a silly thing...but...I’ve been there for him through the past years. I’ve helped him get back onto his feet and look at life the way he always did...the way he did before she left him.

Being a well-known author of romantic novels seems to give him the upper hand with the ladies...and being his manager includes getting him away from the majority of those women. Because I end up spending so much of my time with him I end up having my pursuers think that there’s something going on between the two of us...

But enough about him, I think that I’ll find my Mr. Right someday, maybe not now, maybe not even sometime in the near future...but I’ll find him, or he’ll find me. But, what if...he is my Mr. Right? Nah, that’s a silly thought...


Ron: What do you think of this opening for my main character?

Leila: Read it to me

Ron clears his throat: I’ve been in love and out of love...but the worst feeling of all is losing that bittersweet taste of love itself...so, what do you think?

Leila: Too typical, corny even...

Ron: Fine...I’ll delete it then...and I guess I’ll start all over again

Leila: You’re telling me you spent an hour coming up with that?

Ron: What? Are you saying that my writing sucks?

Leila: No...I’m just curious as to why it took you so long to write something that is so simple

Ron: Well now it’s gone...and I think I lost all of my inspiration to continue writing today

Leila: Fine, then just keep what you had and continue from there

Ron: No

Leila: No?

Ron: I already deleted it

Leila: Write it again

Ron: Don’t want to

Leila: You don’t want to? Why are you being so childish?

Ron: Why are you acting like my mother for?

Leila: Your mother? I haven’t seen aunty in a while now, how’s she doing?

Ron: Pretty well...last I checked she was on a cruise ship...

Leila: Is she with her new boyfriend, James or something?

Ron: Nope, I think it’s Henry now...or someone...

The two of them looked at each other and then laughter filled the room...everyone in the business knew that they were a very compatible pair, equally versed and random.  A match made in heaven even, and some wondered why they haven’t gotten together yet...but some could easily say they’re timing was way off...

Ron: Oh...how about I write a story about this young woman trying to become an actress and doing whatever she had to, to get certain roles...

Leila: Oh no you’re not...

Ron: Why not Leila? Does it sound too familiar to you?

Leila: Hey, I was an aspiring actress during my second year in university

~Flashback~

Ron passing by the cafeteria in morning to grab a coffee found Leila sitting there eating away

Ron: A parfait for breakfast? That’s a pretty healthy choice there

Leila eating: not...parfait

Ron: Not a parfait?
   
Leila speaking with a mouthful: An English Trifle

Ron: For breakfast?

Leila nodded

Ron: You’re crazy...wait...are you going through a horrible break-up right?

Leila shook her head

Ron: Your dog died?

Leila continued shaking her head

Ron: No...it can’t be...you’re pregnant?

Leila: Are you out of your mind (she yelled, and then in a whispering tone) I’m still a virgin

Ron: Then why are you doing this to yourself?

Leila: I’m auditioning for a role in this new production that’s going to start after the Christmas break...and the character description says that she’s sort of chubby...so I’m just adding on a few extra pounds to fulfill the role

Ron: Don’t people do that AFTER they get the role?

Leila: I know...but now they’ll know that I’m already perfect for the role

Ron: Uh, not to sound like a horrible pessimist or anything...but...all you’re going to get out of this is a few extra pounds and probably a bypass at the age of 40...if I were you, I’d stop eating trifles for breakfast and stick to parfaits. Movie roles come often...auditions are frequent...but eating like this and then getting sick...I personally think it’s not worth it

Leila: But I really want the role

Ron: Then nail the audition...without pretending to be a chubby little girl. I know you’ll do fine...so throw away those trifles and let’s head to the gym

Leila: But I just ate

Ron: Exactly

~ end of flashback~

Ron: Come on...it would be based on a true story and you know how books based on a true story usually become great hits

Leila: But not best sellers that lasts for decades

Ron: Seriously...I really don’t know what to write about anymore...

Leila: Maybe cause you haven’t been in love lately...

Ron: Maybe...

Leila: I remember you used to tell me that sometimes you need to feel it to write it...or you need to see it to understand it in order for you to write it

Ron: You’re probably right... it’s been a long time since I’ve given myself away to love...too long actually

Leila: Well...as your manager I hope that you’ll find some inspiration soon or else we’ll both be homeless when we get back

Ron chuckled: Oh please...I’ve made enough royalties on my previous books to last me at least another
year...and you...you should watch your spending habits

Leila: My spending habits? MY spending habits...look at all the random stuff you have in your flat...who needs a mechanical bull?

Ron: It’s a good work out

Leila: how about that tanning bed

Ron: It’s not like you haven’t come over to use it

Leila: The point is...you need to start writing because the publishers are on my tail

Ron: Then find me a date

Leila: What?

Ron: Find me a date. Find me inspiration

Leila: Alright. I’ll be your date...I’ll be all yours this week...

Ron looked at her: You?

Leila nodded: Just pretend this is your story...and we’ll start from the beginning

==========================

I hope everyone enjoyed this chapter as much as I did writing it. I'm totally in a writing mood lately even though I still have term tests and of course exams in 2 weeks' time. But nonetheless...I'll be updating or actually I'll be writing what comes to mind. So that I could actually update once in a while, even when I'm busy.

Well...please leave a comment here, or in the cbox. Vote in my two polls...and remember the more comments the merrier!!!

Oh, and you can wish me good luck on my tests and exams and stuff like that if you want.

Have a fantabulous day,

Randomness...OUT!!!

2 comments:

Nina said...

THanks for your update!
I love Leila character.
Will Ron agree? I hope he does.
Update soon if you can :)
good luck, good luck with your test.

rainee said...

ooooooh now THAT is interesting! leila already secretly loves ron :D loveeee it! ahh...i have no idea how you're going to unveil the rest of this story tho...so complicated with tavia and now theres leila too!
oh also! are u going to really write a christmas special?? that'd be sweeet if u do! cus they're usually really cute hehe :) anywho, hope u update more often tho! especially dying to read more of a truthful lie!

thanks!!