Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Special: Part III

Howdy folks, it's been a few days since my last update...hopefully you're excited as I am for this update and of course the finale of my four part Christmas Special. Anyways, I don't want to delay this update any further...so here it is!

====

Leila decided to check out a little cafe she recalled a special acquaintance had told her about a few years ago when they met for the first and only time. She remembered the way he looked at her, the way he smiled and how they completely connected by sharing a little conversation as they stared out into the ocean watching the sun set. It was very romantic indeed...

She parked her car and walked towards the little cafe and as she walked in, she saw him...was fate playing with her at this very crucial moment?

Leila: Isaac?

At first he didn’t recognize someone was calling him, for he wasn’t actually known by that name...but after a moment of realizing that he was the only customer around, Ron turned to see who it was. And everything made sense. A smile had spread across his face as his eyes met hers and he stood up...

Ron: Angel?

She walked towards him, a smile now plastered on her face, she was glad that it was him and was even happier that he remembered her. Unexpectedly she found herself embracing him and felt his arms wrapped around her body...even though they hadn’t seen each other in five years...and even though the last time they met they were only in each other’s presence for a mere five hours...the embrace made all kind of sense to both of them.

Moments later Ron broke free from the embrace and just looked at her in amazement, it had been five years...and he felt this sudden urge to do something he wanted to do five years ago. Slowly he leaned in and his lips touched hers.

Leila didn’t know what to do...she could’ve easily pushed him away, but didn’t want to...and so as he gently pressed his lips on hers and as he slowly kissed her...without thinking she kissed him back. It felt right, but Leila knew this was something that shouldn’t be happening, and definitely not now...not before her big day tomorrow. So she broke free from the kiss and looked at him...

Leila: What was that all about?

Ron smiled: Something I forgot to do five years ago...I think our meeting back then didn’t end properly...and so...let’s just say that was the ending to what happened five years ago

Leila: Isaac...I...really thought you’d give me a call back then...but you sort of disappeared after that...and...

Ron: I’m really sorry Angel, I didn’t mean to leave you hanging or anything, it was just...a lot of things happened afterwards and I just never got around to giving you that call that I promised I would.

Leila: Of course...I’m just some girl you randomly met and talked to for hours on the beach that one time...it wouldn’t surprise me that much that you eventually forgot about me...

Ron: No...I didn’t forget...I remember everything you told me...from your favourite colour being blue, to your favourite cartoon being Pingu...from how you’ve always wanted to surf but are afraid of being knocked over by the waves...I still remember...

Leila: Then what’s the real reason why you didn’t call...

Ron: Because...nothing can come from us being together...I didn’t want to lead you on...

Leila: Even if nothing can become of us...I still would’ve wanted to keep in touch...it was nice to find someone so easy to talk to...

Ron: Oh, well...let me grab you a cup of their mocha that I advertised to you about years ago...

After coming back with a cup of Mocha the two of them took a seat and started to talk...

Ron: So...what’s a lovely lady like you doing alone on Christmas Eve?

Leila: I could easily ask you the same thing

Ron: True...but I’m not a lady

Leila laughed at his remark, there was something about him that made her feel so comfortable...and made her just want to spill everything out to him.

Leila: Well Isaac, I have a lot on my mind and I didn’t know where to go but here...considering how much you advertised about it back then...

Ron: Ah, well...like you, I too have a lot on my mind and tomorrow is supposedly a very big day for me...

Leila: A big day? Well, tomorrow is Christmas

Ron: Yes, Christmas Day...in itself is a big day, but tomorrow it’s going to be even bigger...well in my case that is

Leila: I think I can relate...there’s a part of me that doesn’t want tomorrow to come...

Ron: Me too...I just think that I’m not ready for what’s to come...and...well...I sort of want to just fly out to Hawaii or something and lie on the beach...just listening to the sound of the waves rolling in and out...

Leila: I’d like that too...and maybe we could talk till the sun rises...

Ron looked at her: But tomorrow’s going to come no matter what...

Leila: And running away from it isn’t exactly the best solution to dealing with it...

Ron nodded, he knew he had to go through with the wedding, because he agreed to it...he could’ve rejected the idea flatly, but instead agreed and now, he had to fulfill such commitment.

Leila knew that running away wasn’t the answer, all though her mom did tell her that she’d support her if she chose to do so...she couldn’t. She couldn’t let her parents down, her family down...she had a responsibility...

Ron: Angel...

Leila: Ya, Isaac?

Ron: Do you believe in love?

His question took her by surprise, why was he asking her such a thing, at a time like this...

Leila: I don’t know...I’m not even sure I know what love is...

================
Yay!!! I guess I sorta left it as a cliffhanger of sorts. I don't know, I'm actually kinda excited for the finale which I will post up tomorrow...since it is indeed the last day of 2010. And once the new year hits...I think I might write a lil recap of my year...it's nothing special...but I learned a lot more about myself than I usually do in a year (if that made any sense).

Anywho...back to this fanfic, I hope you enjoyed this chapter...I actually wanted to title this Christmas Special 'Serendipity' but, I know that word has been used quite often and I didn't want to over due it. But as you can tell, the title would very much suit this fanfic...and the next chapter will not only be the climax but also the finale...so...please comment, comment and comment.

To be very honest, your comments really help me out, especially during the school year when I feel so inferior because I'm always behind on my readings and those in my classes who are super keeners make me feel kinda bad lol. Anyways, I guess you had enough of my rambling...

I hope you enjoyed this update and I'll be back tomorrow with the finale!

Randomness...OUT!!!!

1 comment:

Nina said...

What a great great chapter. RL kiss, sooo sweettt. I love it.
What a surprise they knew each other and are in love and become husband and wife.
I will be back tomorrow te read the ending.
Happy New year