Thursday, December 23, 2010

Take 2: Chapter 20

Howdy folks, sorry for the wait that was actually a few months long. I swear I didn’t intentionally forget to update this fanfic, it’s just difficult getting around to writing it, considering it started out sort of based on a ‘true story’ of sorts. But regardless, I was obviously in the wrong for not updating...so...here it is...what you’ve all been waiting for, I guess.

==

Previously, Ron was sitting in the library browsing the web until Tavia came up to him to ask him questions about the class, after realizing the fact that he didn’t even start studying she left him alone.

Ron didn’t quite understand her, or her rambling...but at least she did help him kill some time. Looking back at his computer screen he realized the time and also a slight reflection of someone he knew. He turned around to look and met her gaze. She walked towards him with a smile on her face

Linda: You’re moving on?

Ron: What makes you say that?

Linda: The girl you were talking to...

Ron: She’s a classmate...

Linda: Well...is that all?

Ron: Huh?

Linda: Never mind...shouldn’t you be studying for finals? (pointing to the computer screen)

Ron: Oh...ya...I’ll do that soon...I’m just distracted

Linda: Well, maybe you should move yourself away from such distractions?

Ron nodded: I could...

Linda: Maybe you should

Ron looked at her: You’re acting like my Superego

Linda laughed: At least you know what a Superego is

Ron: I guess I don’t need to study after all

Linda gave him a look: just rely on the random facts you accumulated from class and pray that you’ll pass then

Ron chuckled: Or...I could just watch you study and ask you to teach it to me. You obviously enjoy sounding erudite

Linda: So now you’re taking advantage of me?

Ron smiled: Nope, I just think that’s what friends are supposed to do...help each other out

Linda: And when have you ever helped me?

Ron looked at her: I try to keep you company when you’re at the library, so others don’t think you’re a book worm of sorts

Linda laughed: Are you sure that you’re the one keeping me company, or am I the one keeping you company...cause you know I tend to do all the talking when we’re here

Ron: Really? I’m talking plenty now

Linda: I guess you’re feeling better then?

Ron: I don’t know...but it helps when you’re around...it really does

Linda: Ron...

Ron: I mean it...it might sound corny and stuff, but in all honesty you’re probably one of the greatest people I’ve ever met in my life and...I’m so grateful that we’re friends...

Linda: That’s...really sweet

Ron smiled: Anyways, maybe we should find a cubicle so you can study or something

Linda: I’m actually on my way out...until I noticed you sitting there

Ron: Oh...ok, I’ll see you tomorrow then?

Linda smiled: Sure

She started to walk away and Ron decided to get up and follow her

Linda: I thought you’re staying

Ron: Oh...I actually don’t have anything to do here anyways, and I’m kind of getting bored of sitting around and literally doing nothing...so I’m just gonna go home

Linda: Well...then we can walk to the bus stop together

Ron: Oh...

Linda: Unless you’d rather not...

Ron: No...Let’s walk together

Linda smiled: ok

Ron: Hey, Linda...

Linda: Ya?

Ron: Uh...you need a hand with those books?

Linda: I’m good, thanks

Ron: Ok...

Ron was about to put his ear buds into his ears when Linda stopped him

Ron: What?

Linda: If we’re walking there together, let’s at least talk...

Ron: Ok...what do you want to talk about?

Linda: That girl you were talking to earlier...

Ron: Oh...what about her?

Linda: how did you two meet?

Ron: In class...she let me copy her notes once, cause I was a bit distracted

Linda: That’s it?

Ron: What else do you want? I’m not Stephanie Meyer, I’m not going to make up a long story to tell you about how we met and then describe it in unnecessary amounts of details...

Linda laughed: Someone’s been reading Twilight

Ron: It was recommended to me, ok...

Linda smiled: Sure it was...

Ron: Wait a minute...you’ve been reading Twilight too...

Linda: What? How could you draw such a horrible conclusion?

Ron: Because...I was talking about Stephanie Meyer and you automatically concluded I was reading Twilight, so...you must be too

Linda: Well...maybe...Stephanie Meyer is only known for writing that horrible Twilight series, and it’s all over the place...

Ron: Uh...huh...

Linda: Well...you’re just trying to drag me down with you

Ron laughed: Maybe I am...or maybe...it’s the truth

The way Ron said ‘the truth’ made Linda burst into laughter as well, and together they laughed harmoniously as they walked towards the bus stop. It was strange, Ron felt as though his day started off so terribly, yet...now he was laughing and talking so happily with Linda. It felt great...and he knew that it was all thanks to her...
==================

Ta-daaa!!!! I'm so happy I updated...I know this chapter might come as a surprise to many, but really...I felt that Ron and Linda deserved at least one chapter devoted to them. I was told by a friend that instead of trying to write to a certain ending I should just write...and well...it made my life a lot easier. I sort of like what I've done here with this chapter...and it didn't take that long to write either...it feels kinda nice lol

Anywho...HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!...

Since most of you wanted me to write a Christmas Special...I have indeed started one...and it'll actually only be two chapters long...The first chapter will be posted on Christmas day, even though it's taking place during Christmas Eve and the second (will take place during Christmas Day) will be posted...a few days later...depending on how many friends/family gatherings there are.

Remember to comment, comment and comment!!!

Randomness...OUT!!!!

1 comment:

Nina said...

Thanks for updating
Ron and Linda are close and be friends now. I still hope RonLei back to together.