Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Special: Part I

Howdy folks, in my last post (update of Take 2) I said that my Christmas Special will have only two parts...but there is now a change of plans...instead there will be four parts. The first two will showcase the 'situation' of the two main characters and the last two will have a more 'normal' feel. So...here is part one.

=============

It’s that time of year again. To be quite frank, Christmas has always been my favourite holiday, not because of the gifts and the food but because of the warmth that it brings to me. And of course, it also gives me the opportunity to write short little Christmas Specials to warm up your holiday as well.

The snow had covered the ground like a thick warm cozy blanket just waiting for someone to curl up into it. The streets were well decorated with colourful lights and ornaments, with beautiful reefs hung on almost every single door. He took a deep breath and felt the cold winter air fill his lungs and surprisingly warm his empty soul. He closed his eyes and could hear the voices of carollers singing and the sound of bells ringing...indeed it was that time of year again.

He looked down at his watch to see the time, and realized that he should get going. He wasn’t a firm believer in love at first sight, nor was he a believer in love at all. Growing up in a family that treasured money among all other things, he became simply empty. As he got older, his world filled with materialistic wealth started to overwhelm him, but as the eldest son he had to endure it all. His marriage was supposed to happen tomorrow...on Christmas Day.

Both families thought it was indeed a wise choice to hold the grandest and most stunning wedding of the century on one of the most memorable days of the year. Sadly, the last time he had seen his bride was when he was fifteen, and she was only twelve. He didn’t understand why she would agree to such a marriage like he did considering the fact that not only did she grew up abroad but when they met she seemed to have pretty much despised him. But, maybe she was like him, not a believer in love but rather a simple person who was bred to feel fulfilled by wealth and whose predisposed destiny was to expand the family business.

Ron got into his car parked in the middle of a very busy shopping mall parking lot and drove off this his bachelor party. Even though he didn’t care much about bachelor parties, and even less about his own wedding and wedding traditions...his friends had decided to hold him a bachelor party for him to remember his last night of bachelor hood. When he arrived his closest buddy came out to greet him, and he could already smell the alcohol coming from his breath.

Raymond: Hey buddy...am I the best best man or what?

Ron: Is that a trick question?

Raymond laughed: Just wait till you see what I got for your bachelor party...

The two of them walked into the hotel and to the hall that was specifically booked for Ron’s bachelor party. From a distance Ron could already hear the blasting music and the intoxicating smell of women’s perfume mixed with a variety of alcohol. It was madness once he stepped inside...

Christmas Eve couldn’t get any naughtier. Ron let out a slight chuckle at the idea of what Santa Claus would have to say about his bachelor party. He turned to tell Raymond what he was thinking about but Raymond had disappeared into the wild swarm of strippers he got for the party. Ron wasn’t quite sure of what he should be doing at his own bachelor party but in all honesty, it wasn’t meant for him...

Ron was never the real player type. Sure he had the looks, the money and the fame, which easily meant that women would be all over him, but he didn’t want to trouble himself with the chaos that being a player would bring. Once in a while his name would brace the headlines of many gossip magazines...but from his side of the story, it was never what those magazines had reported. One night stands, sleepovers, going after actresses...that wasn’t him.

Woman: Hi there

Ron turned to see a gorgeous woman standing next to him.

Ron: Hi

Woman: I’m Fala...I’m not one of them (pointing to the swarm of strippers)

Ron: I...wasn’t going to say that you were judging by your attire

Fala smiled: I’m glad you’re not like the rest of your friends there

Ron chuckled: I’m glad they’re having a good time though

Fala: How about you?

Ron: I don’t really feel like I belong here...I feel like I should go home and get a good night’s sleep before my big day tomorrow

Fala: Oh, so you’re the main character at this party...if you didn’t say that I would’ve assumed it was your friend over there (pointing to Raymond)

Ron: He loves these things...and when he found out I was getting married, he called me up and offered to throw me one...Anyways, Fala...judging by your attire, I’m going to assume you work for the hotel...so are we getting complaints about our party here?

Fala: Oh no...I just came to check if everything’s going well...I’m actually a friend of Raymond’s...an event planner...Raymond actually told me to check on you...he told me you’d be the guy who would stand out at this party

Ron chuckled: I guess he knows me too well...

Fala: Here (she handed him a key card) this is to the presidential sweet upstairs...Raymond told me to give it to you...considering the fact that you have a big day tomorrow...he thinks you should get some nice sleep

Ron: Thanks...wait...will there be anyone up there accompanying me? Cause it wouldn’t be Raymond’s idea if that suite is simply empty and waiting for me

Fala laughed: I guess you know him just as well...but I’m obligated not to tell...so...goodnight Mr. Ng

Ron: You’re not going to take me upstairs?

Fala: Raymond told me I’m not your type...and I’m not that type either...

Ron smiled: Thanks, Fala

He walked out of the loud and crowded hall and went into the hotel lobby. He stood in front of the elevator doors and contemplated about whether or not he should go upstairs to the suite his friend and booked for him. After a few minutes he decided to return the keys to the front desk and went to get his car instead.

Afterall, it was Christmas Eve and what he wanted to do most wasn’t to ‘party it up’ but rather spend it at a little quiet cafe he sometimes goes to and recommends to almost everyone he meets. He sat there staring blankly out the cafe’s window realizing how tomorrow at this time he’d be married. He shook his head realizing all the things he could actually do to not get married tomorrow...but...he didn’t want to run away...

==================



Oh...I forgot to mention this is a RL fanfic...Ron and Leila to be specific...and so the next chapter will be focused on Leila's side of the story...it'll most likely be up tomorrow...so keep an eye out for it.

Remember to leave me some nice comments or not so nice comments...I guess...but just comment.

Happy Holidays!!! Hopefully Santa got you what you wanted...and you spent some quality time with those you love...

till tomorrow,

Randomness

3 comments:

lorraine said...

Thanks for the update! have been waiting to read your Christmas special :) glad that there will be 4 parts, haha the more to read the better! I liked how you put Fala in there for a bit lol, i really like her too! Have you been watching the current drama with her in it? lol just curious, since im watching it and that scene reminded me of it right away lol. Anyways back to the story, so im assuming the bride is gonna be leila?! but they dont like eachother?! sooo many questions lol. hope u update the second part asap! and happy holidays again :)

Nina said...

Thanks for updating. I can't wait to read the next chapter. Esp. Leila may be the bride. I hope she is hehehe.
I will be back tomorrow

Nina said...

Thanks for updating. I can't wait to read the next chapter. Esp. Leila may be the bride. I hope she is hehehe.
I will be back tomorrow