Friday, June 7, 2013

The End is Near: Ch 7



 TADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! ^_^ 

I'm back! I guess...

~into the fanfic~


~ Linda’s office~

She really didn’t expect him to call or buy a gift, but he did and now she sat there trying to figure a way to not accept his gift, until she heard a knock on her door.

Linda: Come in

Queenie: Why is Dr. Chung in such a daze?

Linda: I’m just thinking...

Queenie: A hard case?

Linda: You can say that...

Queenie: Do you want to talk it out...I remember that always helped you

Linda heaved a sigh: Ok, but don’t laugh

Queenie: Why would I laugh?

Linda: Because it’s not a medical case...it’s this guy

Queenie: And when did my little sister have boyfriend troubles?

Linda: If I had a boyfriend, you’d be the first to know

Queenie: Oh, so a pursuer...

Linda: I don’t know

Queenie: So, what’s the problem?

Linda: It’s the director guy I met, his mom is my patient and he just came back from a shoot somewhere and wanted to meet

Queenie: Ok, so what’s the problem with meeting?

Linda: He says he has a gift for me

Queenie: Don’t you think you’re over thinking this...maybe he’s just a nice guy who wants to thank you for taking care of his mom

Linda: Right...

Queenie: Well, since you’re in this dilemma, I guess you already agreed to meet...but if you don’t want it to be awkward, I could go in your place...

Linda: You would?

Queenie: I’m curious about this director friend of yours, but no...have fun

Linda: Wait, why did you come in here?

Queenie smiled: I was going to ask you to join me for lunch, but since you have a date...it’s ok

~Noon~

~C’est La Vie Cafe~

He was feeling slightly anxious, fidgeting with the little box in his hand. He didn’t know if she would like what he picked out for her, but then again, it’s the thought that counts.

Linda: Hi

Ron got up and pulled the chair out for her: Hi

Linda: Were you waiting for long?

Ron: No, I actually just got here like a minute ago. I was kind of scared that you wouldn’t show up.

Linda: What? Why wouldn’t I show up? (Even though that thought was on her mind)

Ron: Because it’s weird. I mean, I’m weird for asking you to come out, and I even got you this (handing her the little box)

Linda giggled at his awkwardness: You didn’t have to get me a gift

Ron: It’s an apology and a gift of gratitude for leaving you with my mom and taking care of her that day

Linda: I already told you, she’s a really sweet lady

Ron smiled: I’m pretty sure I know my own mother better than you know her

Linda laughed: Ok, that’s probably true

Ron: Exactly, so I had to get you something, and I hope you like it

Linda opened up the little box: This is...

Ron: A charm bracelet, I heard it’s a thing lately...so I got you one

Linda: This is a limited edition one...I can’t accept it

Ron: Do you like it?

Linda: It’s beautiful

Ron smiled and heaved a sigh of relief: Thank goodness you like it...I was scared you’d think it was too plane or something...I didn’t know what colour you liked, but since you’re a doctor I thought a white theme would be suitable...

Linda: It’s really nice, but I can’t accept it...

Ron: It wasn’t much, I swear...

Linda: But its limited edition...I remember seeing it in a magazine, it’s apparently really hard to get one or something

Ron laughed: That’s a marketing trick. And besides, McDonald’s toys are limited edition too...it’s really no big deal. And if you say that you won’t be able to wear it cause you’re too busy working, I will have to refute that because when I was passing by your hospital I noticed a sign about a celebration coming up.

Linda: Are you sure you’re a director? You sound a lot like a lawyer

Ron laughed: I get really talkative when I’m nervous. Sorry

Linda laughed: Am I that scary?

Ron: Well...

Linda: Well?

Ron: Maybe? (He laughed).

Linda: You’re probably the second person to think I’m scary

Ron: I didn’t say you’re scary, I said you could be...hence, the maybe...but, in all seriousness...I’m really hungry, and if you don’t mind, I’m going to order lunch

Linda laughed: Go right ahead, and I think I should get something to eat too

Ron: Sounds like a good idea

Their lunch ended abruptly, when Linda received a page from the hospital

Linda: I’m sorry, I have to go

Ron: It’s ok...go ahead

Linda: And the tab...

Ron: Not a problem, I’ll pick up the tab...And maybe you can buy me lunch next time?

Linda smiled: Sure...bye

Ron: Bye


===============
  I hope whoever is reading this, enjoys it. The next chapter will be a bit more amusing...though the timing with 'reality' is slightly off now since I was on a strange strange hiatus. But, I'll be back. Please comment, subscribe to my youtube channels http://www.youtube.com/user/randomnessses or http://www.youtube.com/user/SilentJ224 (I'll be creating some music videos later this summer...so stay tuned)

You can also follow me on twitter @randomfanfic to find out when I update stuff...if you're interested. 

See you soon, 

Randomness...OUT!!!