Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Valentine's Special: Part Two

This was supposed to be up a few days ago...but I was a bit preoccupied...so the post is a bit late. I havent checked whether or not winglin is back up and working yet, but I will be doing that...and I will most likely update A Truthful Lie sometime this week...in the mean time...give this a read...since it's nice and short

=============================

Leila: I guess the guys there aren’t exactly my cup of tea...


Ron: So...what type of guy is your cup of tea?


~ Flashback~


~ 5 years ago~


Ron was sitting in the cafeteria going over his notes for his human anatomy exam when all of a sudden a very excited Leila came running towards him.


Leila: Guess what?


Ron: What?


Leila: I got accepted!


Ron: Accepted?


Leila: Remember how I told you I applied for an internship at this large corporation in Australia?


Ron: You got accepted


Leila smiled: Yes I did...


Ron: That’s fantastic...so...when are you supposed to be leaving?


Leila: Well...the offer starts in September


Ron: So...that’s like 4 months from now...wow...congratulations


Leila: Thanks...but...I don’t know whether or not I should go...since...my life’s here (she looked at him)


Ron: Of course you should go...it’s your dream isn’t it? Working in a large international corporation...even if you think your life is here...you should chase after your dreams...things like this don’t always happen...and if you miss the opportunity, you might never get another one, right?


Leila: I guess so...but...


Ron: But what?


Leila: Well...the offer is for 2 years...and then if they hire me permanently, I don’t know when I’ll be back


Ron: Well...whatever your decision is...you know I’ll always support it, and if you choose to go...and once you’re there and feel lonely...I’ll only be a phone call away...


She smiled and gave him a hug...he was right...he was always there...


~end of flashback~


Leila thought of the first few months that she was there...without knowing anyone...and how lonely she felt...knowing that Ron was there made all the difference. However, after a year had gone by...she seemed to have gotten used to the lifestyle...and the two of them eventually drifted apart.


Ron: So?


Leila: I’m not sure...this might sound a bit silly...but...I used to think a guy like you would be my cup of tea


Ron looked at her: Me?



Leila: Ya...dependable, always there, caring...easy on the eyes


Ron: Well...my girlfriend broke up with me because I was never around...


Leila: Well...maybe, she’s not the one for you then...you are a doctor and sometimes...your patients do come first...


Ron: I thought she understood...


Leila: I’m sorry for bringing it up...why won’t we talk about something else then


Ron: Like what?


Leila: Anything


Ron: ok...well yesterday I helped deliver this baby boy and it was such a miraculous event...I guess that’s why they call it the miracle of life...and then I saw how happy my patient and her husband was and it was great...it really helped me take my mind off of a lot of things


Leila: I guess your job really does give you this sense of satisfaction that you always wanted


Ron: Ya, I guess...well...here’s your stop


Leila: Wow...we’re here already...I guess traffic wasn’t that bad


Ron: Ya...I’ll go grab your bags from the trunk


Leila: Wait


Ron: What is it?


Leila: I still have lots to tell you...and I have a feeling if I don’t tell you now...I wouldn’t know when I have the chance to...


Ron: Ok...what's wrong?


Leila: Nothing...It’s just...ever since I’ve been away...it feels as though the friendship that we used to have suddenly faded and...I really missed it...I really missed having someone to talk to about anything and everything...


Ron: Leila...I’m always here...I’m just a phone call away...or a text message away...


Leila: When I was boarding the plane coming back home...you were among the very few people I wanted to really see...and having you come to the airport and picking me up really made my day


Ron smiled: That’s what friends are for


Leila: Ron...


Ron: Ya?


Leila: Five years ago...when I got my acceptance...and I asked you whether or not you thought I should go...if you had asked me to stay...I would’ve stayed...


Ron: Leila...


Leila: I know...that sounded really stupid...but...I was in love with you and you were totally oblivious...you always treated me so nicely...always there...being such a great friend...when...


Ron: I think you’re really tired and your parents are waiting anxiously for you to get home...how about we talk about this another time...how about tomorrow...


Leila: Tomorrow?


Ron: Ya...tomorrow


Leila: Tomorrow’s...


Ron: Valentine’s Day...the two of us...catching up on the years that we missed out of each other’s lives...but as friends...


Leila: Friends...


Ron: So...let me get your bags and walk you to your door...


Leila: Wait...


Ron: what is it now?


Leila: Ron Ng...will you be my valentine?


Ron smiled: I’d love to


=========================================


The finale will be up...soonish...so...stay tuned !



1 comment:

Nina said...

I feel sad for Leila, She is in love with Ron and he doesn't like her yet I gues. Update soon, pl. I want to know what happens next.