Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Truthful Lie: Ch 29


Wow...it's been a while, hasn't  it. Well the good news is...here is the brand new update, and the bad news is this is the second last chapter of this fanfic, which means...well...you know what that means. Enjoy!

===================================

Was Leila in love with him? Was he in love with Tavia? And, why was Myolie acting so strange? The more he thought about it the more it seemed to him like he was a character in some poorly written story where the male lead ends up with no one by his side. But, he refused to have such an ending, because his ego confirmed that he must be the male lead in such story...and he needed some time.

Eventually it came down to Leila’s last day at the company as Ron’s assistant and protégé. Around 5, when everyone was getting ready to leave Ron noticed Leila was starting to pack up her own things. She had rejected going out with the others for a farewell party and told them that she wanted to really etch the memory of this place into her mind, which was why she was still packing up her things. Ron was still in his office and as soon as everyone but Leila left, he walked out to have a word with her.

Ron: Hey, it’s your last day

Leila: Yup...

Ron: Would you mind doing some overtime?

Leila: Really Mr. Ng, on my last day

Ron: Just call me Ron...and I really need your help

Leila: I guess I could...

Ron smiled: Great

Leila: So, what do you want me to help you with?

Ron: Well...it’s actually something personal...but since this company is owned by my father, technically, if it’s a personal matter, it would affect this company as well

Leila smiled: Sure...whatever you say

Ron: Ok...so, I need to know whether or not you’re in love with me

His question had caught her off guard

Leila slightly blushed: What? And to think I thought your ego was deflating

Ron: Don’t change the topic, answer my question

Leila: No

Ron: You’re lying...you have feelings for me...

Leila: I don’t...you just think that every single woman out there would...

At that moment he embraced her, and he felt her heart race just a little bit, and her face slightly becoming warmer. He didn’t want to let her go, he just wanted to hold onto that feeling for just a bit longer...but she had pushed him away

Leila: What are you doing?

Ron: Proving a point

Leila: So, you proved your point...I have feelings for you...but I know you don’t feel the same way

Ron: You should’ve told me...when I offered you that opportunity to further your studies in the states, you should have told me

Leila: Then what? You’re with Tavia now, isn’t that what you’ve always wanted? I didn’t want to be the third wheel and break up something that lasted for so long...

Ron: But...I’m not in love with Tavia...and we actually broke up recently...

Leila: What? How?

~Flashback~

A few days before

Ron knocked on Tavia’s office door and was told to come in

Ron: Hey

Tavia: I was just going to call you

Ron: Ok, great...let’s have dinner tonight

Tavia: Sure, cause, we need to talk

Ron: Ya, I know...so, I’ll pick you up after work then

Tavia: Sounds good

~ La Ristorante~

Tavia: Italian?

Ron: I thought we’d change it up a bit...

Tavia: I like it, it’s nice here...so...

Ron: Right...you can go first...

Tavia: Sure. I think that it’s great that we’re back together but, it doesn’t feel the same

Ron: Ya, that’s what I wanted to say as well

Tavia: Oh, I think we should break up

Ron nodded: I think that makes sense

Tavia smiled: I didn’t think breaking up could be so easy...especially when we were together for so long before, and then we got back together again

Ron: I know...it’s really weird. But, you know that I love you and care for you and I probably will always love and care about you...

Tavia: And I feel the same way about you...but...it’s a different kind of love, isn’t it?

Ron: Ya...it is. It’s definitely not that passionate young love we had back then...but it was nice to be able to make you smile again and hold you in my arms

Tavia: It was nice...to get rid of the burden of holding onto unresolved feelings I had for you...you’re a great guy, Ron...and any woman would be lucky to have you...especially since you’ve matured

Ron laughed: It sounds like you’re saying that I’ve grown up to be a fine man

Tavia laughed: But too bad I have to let you go

Ron took a hold of her hand: No, you don’t have to...we’ll always be friends...and that’s not weird, right?

Tavia: Being friends with your Ex, no...I think everyone is doing that these days

Ron: Good...cause I don’t want to lose you again...

Tavia noticed he was still wearing that old watch she gave him long ago.

Tavia: I think it’s time for a new watch

Ron: I think so too...

~End of flashback~

Leila: That explains the new watch you’re wearing...

Ron: Ya...it does. So...

Leila: Do you have feelings for me?

Ron: I...don’t know...

Leila: Oh...rejected on my last day of work...

Ron: I may not know whether or not I have feelings for you, but I do know that you’ve somehow found a place in my heart and everytime I get the chance to hold you and embrace you, it feels great...but because I don’t know how I feel about you, I can’t ask you to stay

Leila: Why not? If you ask me...

Ron: No, I want you to take hold of that opportunity and create a good future for you and your son...staying here because you want to see whether or not we have something would only waste your time and talent. Let’s just hold off our feelings, whether or not they truly exist and walk forward into a better future...ok?

Leila: I never took you for a sensible type

She gave him a peck on the cheek

Ron: That’s it?

Leila: You’re the one who told me to hold off my feelings, yet you wanted something more...isn’t that a bit greedy

Ron laughed: come on...one proper kiss...

He slowly leaned in and Leila thought he was going to kiss her on the lips...but instead, he kissed her on her forehead, and held her close to him for just a moment.

Ron: I’ll miss you...but...don’t you miss me too much

Leila: Oh please, there are probably a lot of charming men there...so you shouldn’t worry about me missing you

Ron: Good...I guess now I should help you pack up, drive you home and then we could...

Leila’s face turned pink: We could, what?

Ron laughed: Say our last farewells...wait, were you thinking about something else?

Leila: No...

Ron: Oh...was it, hot passionate sex?

Leila punched him on the arm

Ron laughed: I was just kidding...unless...you know...I’m cool with that too

Leila laughed: Really? Maybe when I get back...

Ron: Is that a date?

Leila: Sure, unless you’re taken...then...oh well...

=============================
Tadaa...so now, we'll have to wait and see what happens in the finale...which I actually finished writing...and it will be posted once I get at least 5 comments for this chapter...and multiple comments will suffice lol

Alright, have a great weekend

Randomness...OUT!!!

6 comments:

Nina said...

hi, thank you for your update.
A great moment of RonLei, they're still funny until this moment , love it :D
Curious about the ending.

Everyone comment pl. so we can read the ending :D

Anonymous said...

thx for update cant wait for finale go ronlei!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I have a feeling it's an RL ending. Can't wait to read it :)

Nina said...

Hi, It's me again. Now you've 5comments lol. I als o hope it's a RonLei ending. Update soon pl.

toby said...

You have no idea how long I've waited for you to update, thanks Randomness! I'm very glad Ron & Tavia broke up and are going to remain friends. Only one chapter left you have me on the edge of my seat. Of course I'm waiting for Myolie's part with Ron and I hope you will not disappoint. (Hee, Hee) I'm going out on a limb and wishing it'll be a Ronolie ending. And thanks for writing. Please, please update soon!

lorraine said...

omg you've finally updated this!! always been one of my fav fav fav! =D
i'm so glad that ron and tavia broke up lol not to sound mean or anything! it's good that they're resolved the hatred and weird feelings from back then and back to being good friends. that's always a good ending. and of course RL RL RL!! lol excuse me for how excited i sound >< i love that leila finally admitted her feelings and how Ron handled the situation...soooo adorable. especially loved the part where he kissed her forehead..so warming :) can't believe theres only gonna be one more chapter left. this story is always gonna stay with me!! cant wait to see u update soon! THANKS for updating again!!