Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Someone Like You: Ch 1


Ch 1: Training Day

~Serendipity: Conference Room~

Krystal: Good morning, I’m Krystal Ng. If you haven’t already figured it out, I’m the owner of the company and also will be involved with training you for your jobs. First of all, I should begin by congratulating you on becoming a member of our company, and second of all...I hope that each one of you understood what you have agreed to do

There were a few whispers, but she ignored them and continued

Krystal: First, let’s start off by introducing each other...Florence, you go first

Florence: I’m Florence Kwok, I’m basically in charge of everything that Krystal isn’t...so if you have any questions, feel free to ask me

Nancy: I’m Nancy Wu, I’m in charge of human resources...

Ron: Can I go next? I guess so...I’m Ron Ng...and if you’re wondering...Krystal is my sister

Krystal: But feel free to boss him around

Ron: Thanks

Krystal: So, who’s next?

A guy raised up his hand

Krystal: Go ahead

Guy: Hi (fixes his glasses) I’m Jason Chan...not related to anyone here...but I did work with Ron before

Ron looked at him: I remember you...Harvard, 2004...fundraiser

Jason: bingo!

Ron: So why are you here?

Jason: Got bored of my old job...

Ron: Me too! Hey, how about we...

Krystal cleared her throat: Ron...really? Now?

Ron: Sorry...who’s next?

A girl raised her hand

Girl: I’m Fala Chen...and Ron might recognize me...

Ron: Fala...wait a minute...Club Angels... was it 2006?

Fala: You’re really good...

Ron laughed: I wouldn’t forget about you...

Krystal: Ok...seriously is anyone else here an acquaintance of my brother...and Florence...next time, do more thorough background checks...at this rate we might meet my brother’s illegitimate son or something

Florence laughed: I promise this won’t happen again

Ron: Oh...I don’t have any illegitimate children...I swear...

Krystal: Moving on...and thank goodness we only have one person left...I’m sorry for all the interruptions.

Leila: It’s ok...I’m Leila Tong, I hold a B.Sc and an M.B.A...

Ron: Hold up...Tong...don’t tell me you’re the daughter of...wait...you are...wow, I didn’t expect the young heiress to work for my sister...Krystal it’s your lucky day

Krystal: Ron...you’re not five...could you stop interrupting people for once...and I know Leila’s background, and yes I’m quite lucky to have hire such a competent employee...so sorry Leila

Leila: It’s ok, when I was studying in Canada I often volunteered at daycare centres, so I know how it’s like

There were a few giggles and smirks as Ron sat there in awe

Krystal smiled: That’s great...hopefully you’ll be able to handle adults just as well...anyways...before we get into our actual training...Nancy, can you grab the results

Nancy: Sure

Moments later Nancy came back with a folder with the so called ‘results’ from the forms/questionnaires they all had to fill out and handed them over to Florence

Florence flipped through the pages and by her expression she seemed both shocked and intrigued.

Florence: You have to see this

She handed over the folder to Krystal

Ron: What is it?

Krystal: Well...it’s your lucky day Ron

Ron: Great...what is it?

Krystal: Our program decided to pair you up with Leila

Leila: What? But that’s impossible...no, saying that it is impossible is an understatement

Krystal: Nope...it’s very possible and, that’s how it is...so that means that Fala and Jason will be partnered up

Ron: Hold up...I don’t get it

Krystal laughed: Typical of my brother to not know the rules of the game before playing...you see...at our company, what we do with each batch of employees is we make them fill out the test and we try to pair them off. And when I say ‘pair them off’ I do mean that from this moment on, within the one year time of the contract, you two will be a pair. And Ron, if you still don’t understand what that means...it means that you’re in a monogamous relationship with Leila here...even though it is simply a facade. I don’t like clients and employees dating, nor do I enjoy my employee being distracted by their personal affairs...which is why...

Ron: No! Can’t I trade...?

Leila: Oh, believe me...if there was any way

Krystal: No...you cannot switch or trade your partners...as an employee you should have complete faith in our system...even though in this case the pool is rather small...but still, these are the best possible algorithms

Ron: Seriously...me and her? Can’t I be with Nancy...we’re totally more compatible...

Krystal: No

Ron: But Krys (he pouts)

Krystal: No...Don’t pout at me...

Ron: Please?

Krystal: Sorry...rules are rules. You don’t see Jason complaining

Ron: No offence, but I wouldn’t complain if I was partnered up with Fala either

Krystal: Well...the good thing is...Leila doesn’t want to be in this situation as much as you do...so you two will bond perfectly...and again Ron...it’s just a facade, it might be good for you

Ron: Fine

Leila: I have a question

Krystal: Go on

Leila: How does this work exactly? So, we’ll be pretending that we’re a couple...so...how far does it need to go because...

Krystal: Enough to make it convincing without making either one of you feel uncomfortable

Leila: Ok...and...if we have some other unresolved relationship, could we ask our partner to help out?

Krystal: By all means...

Ron: Are you having trouble with an ex-boyfriend?

Leila glared at him: We’ll talk later

===========================
This is going to be so much fun...I hope you enjoyed this update and will look forward to the next...

Please leave me a comment, or comments...and I'll post the next one up once I receive 3 or more comments again.

Randomness...OUT!!!

PS thanks for commenting

3 comments:

Nina said...

yayyy New chapter. Thank you for updating.
Ron is just like a little kid. They have to pretent as a couple. Poor Leila =))

update soon

Anonymous said...

RL4EVER:
hope that u update soon and there will be more scenes about ron and leila!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! RL is adorable even when they bicker lol