Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Truthful Lie: Ch 27

Ch 27

A month or so had pass, Leila had written her BAR and was still questioning whether or not she should take the opportunity that Ron had given her, to study and work abroad. The idea of being closer to her son was something that she very much liked, but the thought of not being with Ron was one that was capable of wiping that smile off her face.

Leila wanted to tell him that she was in love with him, and that he wasn’t in love with Tavia...and what he felt for Tavia wasn’t love but was almost like an obsession, a distorted infatuation that was mistaken for love. But she was afraid that if she told him, she’d lose him forever.

Over a month’s time, Ron and Tavia had gone on a few more dates, Ron had given Tavia a few goodbye kisses on the forehead, a few pecks on the cheek, and they locked lips once. They were indeed trying to take it slow, Ron didn’t want to rush their relationship, but rather let it progress at its natural pace.

As Ron drove Tavia home, they were stopped at a red light where they saw a young couple walking down the street, hand in hand, simply in a euphoric state powered by love.

Ron: I remember how I used to love walking you back

Tavia: Ya...I remember that time when you gave me a piggy back ride cause I sprained my ankle

Ron: And your place was up like two hills

Tavia: You could’ve driven

Ron: But I wanted to spend more time with you

Tavia smiled: I know

The light turned green and he continued the drive to her place. Once they got there, Ron parked the car and as Tavia was getting ready to leave...

Ron: Wait

Tavia: What is it?

Ron took a hold of her hand, raised it to his lips and kissed it

Ron: I don’t want to see you leave so soon

Tavia smiled: Then I’ll stay here just a little bit longer

Ron smiled: That would be perfect

After a couple more minutes, Ron had finally let go of her hand, got out of the car, opened the door for Tavia and stood facing her, in front of her place.

Slowly he wrapped his arms around her body and brought her closer towards him as he embraced her under the moonlit sky.

Ron: Do you think that starting over is a silly idea?

Tavia: Why do you say that...?

Ron: Because we’ve been through so much back then...

Tavia: But it wasn’t all good...and we both know that as a fact

Ron: I know...but saying that it didn’t happen is a silly idea. I hurt you, that’s a fact...

Tavia: And I hated you because of that...but I only hated and resented you so much, because that was how much I loved you

Ron: Do you still?

Tavia: I...don’t know...

Ron smiled: That’s ok...I guess we need some more time...

Tavia: Ya...but one thing I do know is that ever since you came back into my life, I’ve had the chance to release all that resentment and all of that bitterness I had built up over the year. I’ve created this barrier around myself to make sure that I won’t ever get hurt again. And now, thanks to you...that barrier, that wall is slowly crumbling down...

Ron: I think I had the responsibility of doing that, since I caused it all...and I’m glad that you’re back in my life. No more, what ifs...but rather...what’s going to happen next...

Tavia gave him a quick peck on the cheek: Goodnight Ron

Ron: Goodnight

He watched her walk inside the building, and entered the elevator. He heaved a sigh, and smiled knowing that things between are indeed getting better. But what he didn’t know was what will happen next. The question of whether or not they were really meant to be continued to linger in his mind as he got back into his car. And whenever he was in such a state of confusion, there was only person to go to...the person who knew soul.

Without truly thinking about it, he drove into the night and ended up in front of Myolie’s place. He knew that she would be home, but wasn’t sure whether or not she’d still be awake. Recklessly, he got out of his car, had a mischievous look on his face as he started to pick a few rocks from around the parking area. After finalizing which window was hers he started to throw the rocks at it, until the light came on.

Myolie opened the curtains and stared down at a smiling Ron who was still throwing rocks at her window. Finally she opened her window...

Myolie: do you have any idea what time it is?

Ron: It’s time for me to come see my best friend?

Myolie shook her head, closed the window and trudged down to see him, who was now standing in the main lobby

Myolie: What if that wasn’t my window?

Ron: I’d defend myself in court? Or pay the fine?

Myolie: Really? That’s your answer? What were you thinking?

Ron: I was thinking that I wanted to talk to someone, next thing I knew I drove to your place. Then I thought about what I used to do as a kid, throwing rocks at your window, and how you’d run all the way down to greet me...so ya...

Myolie: And how old are you now?

Ron smiled: As old as you are...so...are we going to continue this conversation in the lobby, while you’re still wearing your lovely pink polka dotted PJs or...are you going to invite me up to your place?

Myolie had forgotten that she was still in her PJs, and without any make-up on. She glared at Ron, and the two of them took the elevator up to her place.

Myolie: You could’ve called...and I thought you had a date tonight

Ron: I did

Myolie: please don’t tell me you’re here to tell me about your date

Ron: Well...I might be...but...I just...really wanted to see you...

Myolie yawned: Couldn’t you wait till morning?

Ron shook his head: I just had to come now...come here

And with that he wrapped his arms around her and embraced her. There was this level of comfort between them that just made things feel so right when they were together...and Ron just knew that this was what he wanted at the moment.

Myolie: How about, we talk in the morning...I’m really tired right now

Ron: Ok...do you want me to carry you into bed

Myolie looked at him: That’s not such a bad idea

Ron smiled and carried her into her bedroom

Myolie: Your toothbrush is still in the bathroom...and I think I still have your old stuff in the guest room since you never seem to come and get them

Ron: That’s probably because I know that I’ll be spending a few nights here anyways

Myolie: Whatever, goodnight Ron...remember to turn off all the lights

Ron: Goodnight 

He gave her a slight peck on the forehead, pulled the blanket over her, turned off the lights and walked out, closing the door behind him.

================
This is getting exciting as it is nearing the end...I believe I intend there to be about 30 or so chapters. I already hinted to an open ending...and so...I might keep my word with regards to that. Also, I wanted to point out that Take 2 is also nearing the end...thus, that leaves all of us with two fanfics, The Stalker and A Series of Unexpected Events. So...this year, I plan on starting a brand new, approximately 15-20 chapter fanfic in September...like most of my fanfic, the male lead will be Ron...and as for the female lead...I'm contemplating between Myolie and Leila at the moment...so...please leave a comment telling me who'd you prefer

Also, please comment on this chapter...and it will probably be updated in a few weeks' time...I can't guarantee every two weeks...nonetheless...I hope you enjoyed it, and...remember, COMMENT, COMMENT AND COMMENT!!!

Randomness...OUT!!!

3 comments:

Nina said...

Leila thinks just like Myolie, that Ron doesn't love Tavia. I think Ron starts to feel that too.

lorraine said...

I agree with Nina above too! I hope that's where your story is going..that Ron is going to realize what he feels for Tavia is no longer what it used to be. In fact, Leila is who he likes now :) I like reading the relationship between Ron and Myolie too haha they're actually really cute!! It's only a true friend if you allow a guy to see you without make up and in pjs :p lmao the way they talk is hilarious too!

Anywhooo, can't wait till you update again! I'm looking forward to see how you are heading toward the 'open ending' ..aahh i sure am excited !!

toby said...

Thanks for updating randomness and making my day with Ron & Myolie. I am hoping Ron will realize the person he actually loves is Myolie in the end. Love all their interactions. You write it so well!

As for your new fanfic of course the lady I will be picking is Myolie for Ron. There aren't any stories out there with them as a pairing.

Thanks for writing randomness and I will be checking back often.