Monday, June 13, 2011

A Truthful Lie: Ch 26


Both Linda and Steven arrived at the office, punctual as expected. As soon as they arrived Leila had led the way into the conference room, where Ron was already present.

Ron: Good afternoon, Mr. Ma, Ms. Chung

The two of them smiled and greeted him back.

Steven: The last time our companies cooperated on a project I wasn’t in town and so my fiancĂ©e had to fill in both as the representative as well as our legal advisor

Ron: I believe Ms. Chung did very well in that case

Steven: I’m sure she did

Linda: Anyways, this time since Steven is back, I thought it was better if we came together, not only to discuss the future plans for our ongoing collaboration, but also to invite you to our wedding

Ron: Congratulations

Steven: Thank you, we both really hope you could make it...Linda said that you were quite helpful and that the two of you got along quite well, surely she would categorize you as a friend

Ron smiled: It’s my pleasure

Steven: We’ve also sent out invitations to your father as well as your elder brother

Ron: That’s great

Linda: I didn’t actually want it to be a big thing, but Steven and his father said that marriage is a special thing and so the grander the better

Ron chuckled: I think both Mr. Ma’s want to tell the world that a beautiful young lady will be joining their family

Linda blushed: You still manage to compliment me even in the presence of my future husband, I’m quite impressed

Ron: I believe Steven’s a reasonable man, and what I said was merely the truth, so he wouldn’t mind, right Steven?

Steven: Of course not, my father and I do want to show the world that the ever so talented lawyer Linda Chung will become my wife

As they continued their talk about the marriage and then made their way into the actual business Steven received a call and went out to take it, leaving Linda, Ron and Leila in the room.

Ron: I’m amazed you’re settling down

Linda: Well, a woman’s youth only lasts for so long...and since I’ve already found the man who loves me whole-heartedly, settling down was definitely in the near future

Ron: Maybe...but really...you don’t miss...what we had?

Linda cleared her throat indicating that Leila was still in the room

Ron smiled: Don’t mind her, she knows everything anyways

Linda: In that case...what we had was interesting...not a lot of men have the guts to go after me since my fiancé is Steven Ma...but you did...

Ron: Probably because I’m always up for a challenge

Linda smiled: You’re a great guy Ron...hopefully you’ll find someone to settle down with too

Eventually, their conversation went back to business and Steven also came back to join in on the discussion about renewing their current contract and their future plans. Once the meeting was over, the pair left the conference room and headed out leaving Ron and Leila sitting there.

Ron: Leila...did you...actually get married?

Leila: No...we kept things quiet and simple...

Ron: Do you want to get married? Do all women want to get married?

Leila: I think most women would like to get married, or at least try on a wedding dress, maybe take some pictures, walk down the aisle...but ultimately what most women really want is to find the man that will love them for who they are, regardless of how much burden they have, or how they look...

Ron: Am I...marriage material?

Leila: What?

Ron: Would you...marry someone like me?

Leila: If I love you...I would

Ron: Even if I’m a jerk half of the time

Leila: You mean, most of the time

Ron smiled: Sure...

Leila: If I love you, I would

Ron: And how do you know, if you’ve fallen in love with someone?

Leila didn’t understand his question...it felt like Ron was having somesort of mid-life crisis at the age of 30, or he’s a young teenager trying to figure out what love is. Didn’t he already know what it is? Isn’t he in love with Tavia?

Leila: I’m not sure I can explain it to you...but shouldn’t you already know?

Ron: I thought I did...but, I could be wrong...

Leila: So, why are you asking me?

Ron: I don’t know...I’m not sure who I should ask...and I don’t even know why I tell you so much...it’s the weirdest thing

Leila: I’m equally confused, but...I’m also glad that you trust me enough to tell me these things

Ron: You’re a great intern, probably you’re going to be a great lawyer...and you’re a great friend as well as a wonderful mother...whoever’s going to get to see you every morning when he wakes up and every night when he falls asleep, will probably be one of the luckiest man alive

At that moment the only thought that lingered in Leila’s mind was that she hoped that man is the same person who’s talking to her right at that moment. That was the moment that she couldn’t lie to herself anymore about her feelings for him. She was indeed very much in love with this man that’s in front of her, the man she said she would never fall in love with.

Ron: I’ve actually got a little surprise for you...

Leila: A surprise?

Ron: I know that you’ll be writing the BAR exam in a few week’s time to officially get your license as a lawyer and so I’ve recommended you to a firm in the States...

Leila: In the States?

Ron: It’ll give you the opportunity to learn more and be closer to your son. You don’t have to worry about the expenses because I’ll handle that...

Leila: Ron...

Ron: Even though I’ll be losing the best help I’ve ever had, I think it’ll be a good opportunity for you

Leila: You really want me to go?

Ron nodded: It’ll be great for you

Leila: And what if I don’t want to go?

Ron: Why?

She wanted to tell him it was because she was in love with him and wanted to remain by his side, but she simply couldn’t do it. She didn’t want to make things awkward between them because spending time with him meant far too much to her. She wanted him to tell her that he felt the same way, but it was apparent that he didn’t even know how he felt about someone who he says he’s in love with.

Leila: It was just...a hypothetical question

Ron: Oh...well...if you don’t want to go, I’ll be sticking around her for another year or so, so...you could always stick around to help me...

She wanted to immediately yell out ‘yes, I’d like that’ but once again was held back not only by her lack of courage, but also by fear of making things awkward between them

Leila: Well...I’ll think about it

Ron: OK...

He got up and embraced her again...and he continued to ponder why it felt just right holding her in his arms. He loved it, when he could hear her heart race a little at his touch...but he never questioned why that was the case. 

Ignorance, is a bliss.

=====================

I hope you enjoyed this short and quick update for this fanfic. I'll probably be updating it more frequently if i see that people are indeed still reading it lol. And I guess a good indication would be seeing comments, because in all honesty, your comments really do act as a motivation for me to keep on going. 

My next update for this blog is either going to be Take 2, or a another rant sort of thing like my other blog post, titled Why TVB, WHY? 

So, we'll just have to wait and see...which one I end up writing first.

Please, leave me a comment, or multiple comments, telling me what you think about this chapter, or how you think this fanfic will end...stuff like that...or really, just how your day's been lol

Anyways,

Randomness...OUT!!!

3 comments:

Nina said...

I think Ron is also in love with Leila. He actually compliments her :). That is what he didn't do in the past.
I love their conversation and every time he embraces her at the end of their conversation.
Thank you for a nice chapter :). Have a good day!

toby said...

Finally you updated! I have to say this is my favourite story by far of yours and I cannot wait to read the ending. I know I'm getting ahead of myself. As you probably know by now I'm a Ronolie fan and I'm hoping for more updates about them together because I love them as a pair and you've written them so well in here I can't help but hope.....I like the exchange between Ron & Leila as well. Does Ron really know who he is in love with, or just in love with the idea of being in love? Or wanting to get Tavia back because she's the one that got away, even though he cheated on her. But still says that he loved her and still does. I'm rambling on, anyways thanks for the update and looking forwards to more.

lorraine said...

Hey thanks for updating, i love this fanfic :) it's cute reading it..Ron clearly has some sort of feelings for Leila but he doesn't even realize it himself. So thoughtful how he got the opportunity for Lei to go to the States too! Dunno how he's gonna figure out his feelings for Tavia tho..whatever that may be. Can't wait to read more!!

I hope u update this more often like you said! :p will definitely keep reading and supporting! =)