Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Stalker: Ch 12: Just Talk


Ch 12

It’s been an awfully long time since I last updated this fanfic, and it’s actually supposed to be one of my personal favourites...but I guess lately I haven’t been as motivated to update and my interest in TVB has also decreased. Regardless, I hope you enjoy this rather dialogue-full chapter.

==

~Empire Hotel Restaurant~

The two of them sat there, after finishing their dinner were waiting for their desserts to arrive.

Ron: So, it’s still my turn, isn’t it

Linda: I guess so...

Ron: What are your plans after all of this?

Linda: What? Isn’t that what I asked you?

Ron: You...did, but it wasn’t your turn...so...what are your plans?

Linda: I guess...it would depend on what happens next

Ron: What happens next?

Linda smiled: Oh, but it’s my turn to ask now

Ron chuckled: That was quite the smart move Ms. Chung

Linda: Why thank you...anyways, what are YOUR plans?

Ron: I don’t know yet...it depends on how things turn out

Linda: Oh...

Ron: Ya...well...looks like our desserts are coming

Linda: Their Crème brûlée is amazing

Ron smiled: It better be...or else I’ll hold you responsible

Linda smiled: Ron...thank you

Ron: For what?

Linda: For making me smile

Ron looked at her; her beautiful features all seemed to be highlighted under the lights of the restaurant. She was beautiful...and her smile was radiant, and he hoped that she would be able to continue to be so radiant, so lovely and charming. He could see her hesitation in letting him in, letting him understand her, but all of this reservation she has also slowly seemed to diminish as they carried on.

Ron: My pleasure...and to be honest, I think you’re amazing...but don’t tell Leila

Linda laughed: How come?

Ron: She’ll think that I’m falling for you, and she might pull me out of the assignment

Linda: Really?

Ron: Ya...she’s like that...overbearing, motherly and well...a bit too controlling...don’t tell her that either

Linda laughed: All these years knowing Leila, I’ve never gotten the chance to see that side of her...maybe she’s just like that towards you...you must’ve been quite naughty

Ron laughed: Naughty...what are you getting at?

Linda: You know, like a modern-day Casanova, maybe...

Ron: Oh, now you’re just flattering me...

Linda: I’m not sure if it’s really flattery, since I bet you the female staff will all agree with me that you do have quite the charisma and charm...

Ron: Maybe...I should warn Leila that you’re the one falling in love

At his words she began to blush. It was a natural reaction to his words, but it was also that, that caught his attention

Ron: Does it mean it’s true?

Linda cleared her throat, recomposed herself and looked at him: If it was, the reporters and employees would have a field day

Ron chuckled: Ok...but did you really have to respond in such a cool tone?

Linda: Are you not used to this other side of me?

Ron: I prefer the blushing Linda Chung better...

Linda smiled: Me too...but with everything going on, I think being more cool would help me out

Ron: I know...how about this...you can be whoever you want to be around me...I really think if you keep this cool act going on for a while...you might get...constipation

Linda broke out in laughter as the other customers watched the two of them

Linda: Really, constipation?

Ron: Hey...I’m just looking out for your health

Linda placed her hand on his

Linda: Thanks

Ron: Not a problem...anyways, it’s getting late...I’ll get the bill and drive you home

Linda: No need...I can drive myself home.

Ron: Alright

After Ron got the bill, the both of them left the restaurant and stood in the main lobby waiting for their cars. The first to arrive was Linda’s. She quickly got on and was about to drive off, when she suddenly rolled down the window

Linda: Hey, Ron...

Ron: Ya?

Linda: I had a wonderful time tonight

Ron: So did I...good night

Linda: Good night.

~ Ng Residence~

By the time Ron had gotten home, it was nearing 11 o’clock, but both of his parents were still up.

Michelle: Oh, look who finally comes waltzing in at this time

Ron: Hi mom, dad...

Wong Ching: Who’d you have dinner with, son?

Ron: Linda

Michelle: Linda?

Ron: Ms. Chung...

Wong Ching: You’re on a first name basis now...does Nancy know?

Ron: What?

Michelle: You come home pretty late, you just had dinner with another woman...it only makes sense that you tell your girlfriend...unless you’re hiding something

Ron smiled: I guess I should call her...

Wong Ching: First name basis...interesting

Ron: Is there something you’d like to tell me dad?

Wong Ching: I’m just saying...simply stating a fact really...

Ron: Uh huh...

Wong Ching: Nancy is a nice girl, son...you gotta learn to cherish her...

Ron walked over and took a seat next to his mom...

Ron: Mom, what’s dad trying to say...

Michelle: He thinks there’s something going on between you and Linda...

Ron: I figured that much out as well...but we all know this is a show...

Wong Ching: Ah hah! So it’s true then...my conjecture is absolutely correct.

Ron: No...

Michelle: So this is just a show for you, is it?

Ron: Mom...I didn’t mean it like that...

Michelle: Don’t you call me mom...since this is just a show, we’re merely acting as a family...

Ron looked at her and soon after he embraced her with both arms

Ron: You know I love you...and I’m glad we’re a family

Michelle smiled: That’s more like it...now...Ron, be a good boy and tell your father that Cheuk-hei and Ka-Yan are a lovely pair...(she grabs her laptop and shows him the pictures)

Ron: They do look nice together

Michelle: See...even our son says so...

Wong Ching: Ok...fine...your mother and son team wins...for now...

Michelle chuckled and whispered to Ron: But I always win...

=============
I hope you did enjoy it...and I hope you sorta got the reference I was subtly making. And if you didn't...well...I just wanted to point out how constipated Linda looks in most of YSSS...I seriously thought that she was constipated...or...on the verge of breaking out into laughter. It was a rather unatural cool look, in my eyes...but I guess everywhere I read, I seem to see great reviews...so ya...

Hope you liked the short chapter (short in quantity not length), and please comment, comment and comment...

OH...if you're interested in know...after A Truthful Lie ends...and I finish off Take 2...I'll be posting up a poll...to see which fanfic I should write next...at the moment I have two forewords written...and ya...we'll see how things go

Remember to comment!!!

Randomness...OUT!!!

PS. fanfic repost requests...please post it in the cbox of either blog

No comments: