Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Take 2: Ch 22


Ch 22

Yes, I do have the worse hiatuses...but...it’s really because I’m an indecisive person who never seems to be able to finish things. And then when the end slowly approaches, I find myself avoiding it...

But...here it is!
==================

Sitting there waiting for an immediate reply seemed to be a foolish idea, but maybe Ron was a fool. He sat there hoping that she would reply as soon as possible, maybe in a long email like he had written her. He hoped for a day when she would accept again, as a friend but deep down he knew that he still wanted to be more than just her friend. At the same time, he also knew that if he kept on pushing her to accept him, he’ll just be pushing her further and further away. But what was a man like him to do, in a situation like this. Moving on...was just too difficult.

But the time he spent waiting was futile, for she didn’t reply at all. So all hopes were once again gone, and he only wished that they would be renewed the following day. But at least, he got some studying done.

The following day, he woke up to the sound of his alarm and quickly ran to his laptop to check whether or not she had replied. Once again, there was no such luck of a reply.

He knew it would take her a while, and he realized maybe this was a good opportunity to collect himself. Maybe it was a good opportunity for him to practice, practice what he would say to her or make plans for what they were going to do. Yes, this was an opportunity.

~ University grounds~

The weather was pretty nice out, just a few clouds floating in a lovely blue sky with the sun out. Fresh air, and sunlight...that was probably what we wanted more than the stench of the glue used for the binding of old books found in the library. He had his earbuds in his ears listening away to his favourite band under the sunlight, with his eyes barely open until he found himself covered by this shadow. He looked up to see her standing meters in front of him, and immediately sat up and pulled out his earbuds.

Ron: You’re covering my sunlight

Linda: I’m trying to prevent you from getting skin answer, the least you should do is thank me

Ron smiled: Thank you

Linda: Now that’s more like it (She walked over and sat down next to him)

Ron: Shouldn’t you be in the library?

Linda: Shouldn’t you be studying?

Ron: I wanted some peace and quiet along with fresh air and sunlight

Linda: Me too

Ron: Oh

Linda: So...any progress

Ron: I haven’t exactly started studying...

Linda: No...I meant between you and that girl or did you talk to Leila?

Ron: I emailed her last night...

Linda: That girl?

Ron: No, Leila

Linda: Oh...well, good luck getting a reply

Ron chuckled: You know I can’t talk to her over the phone...it probably would waste her minutes and mine considering it’ll be a complete silence

Linda: I guess that’s true...well (She placed her hand on his shoulder) at least you made some progress

Ron nodded: I guess...

Linda: So, what did your email say?

Ron looked at her: I never took you for the nosy type

Linda: Well, if you don’t want to tell me...I guess it’s really none of my business (She slowly got up)

Ron: Wait (He took a hold of her hand as she was about to get up)

This was probably the first time he initiated any physical contact...it was probably the most bizarre thing but for some reason the moment he found his hand touching hers there seemed to have been this rush of euphoria.

Linda: You want me to stay?

Ron nodded, and let go of her hand...

Linda: So then...tell me

Ron: Umm...I just told her I wanted to be friends again, and how I was sorry I kind of blew up in front of her and how I’m kind of scared being around her

Linda laughed: Well, she’s not going to eat you

Ron: Oh, thanks I didn’t know that

Linda: Is that all?

Ron: And I asked if she’d like to go for another walk...

Linda: I see...Ron, tell me...did you always wanted a dog when you were younger?

Ron: What?

Linda: A dog...you know, four-legged furry or hairy creature that barks and...

Ron: I know what a dog is...but I don’t understand why you’re asking

Linda: You always like asking her for a walk...so...you know...I just put 2 and 2 together...

Ron chuckled: What an interesting observation...but...I do have a dog

Linda: Well, I guess I was on the right track

Ron: Or maybe, you’re completely off and it’s just a mere coincidence...and besides, I like walks cause usually they’re rather quiet so we could talk. But, hopefully she agrees to it.

Linda: I hope it’ll work out for the two of you

Ron: Me too...it’ll be nice having her back, so we three could hang out some time

Linda: So you’re saying you’re tired of seeing only me all the time

Ron: Oh no, I don’t think I can ever get tired of seeing you...you really make my day

Linda: That’s really sweet (She gave him a hug)

Ron: Thanks for the hug

Linda smiled: You know, they’re not free

Ron looked at her: What?

Linda: You owe me...some study time

=======================
I think I've finally figured out what I'd like to do with this fanfic, as well as how I'd like it to end...so...I guess I'll be updating it...once every two weeks or so.

Anyways, please leave a comment...and if you're a reader of my other fanfics...I'd also like to tell you that you should check back here tomorrow...because I will most likely be updating A Truthful Lie. Also, there will be a post regarding stuff about new fanfics...finales and so on...so ya...check back here for more updates lol

Randomness...OUT!!!

2 comments:

Cave Dancer said...

Every two weeks? Your readership demands more! Supply and demand! If you know where you wanna go with this, then do it like once a week or something. That seems only fair. :D

Nina said...

Leila still didn't reply. Would she get back to Ron. I hope so :)
ps. looking forward to read The truthful lie