Monday, July 4, 2011

If It Was A Fanfic: The Break-up: Initiation

So, lately I've been glancing at the 'huge' controversy that arose from the break-up between Shirley Yeung and Gregory Lee. My mind seem to have come up with a million different explanations for their break-up and everything that's going on...thus, I thought, why not write it. So, this is my version of why they broke up and all of the things that seem eerie about what's happening between the two of them. I hope you enjoy it.

Shirley: Gregory, we need to talk, about the wedding...

Gregory: What about it? Is it the flower? See, I told you from the beginning that those expensive champagne colored roses are just hyped up flowers for weddings...we should stick to the more traditional red roses

Shirley: It's not the roses...I want to call off the wedding..

Gregory: I guess we could just fly to Vegas and do it there, it would be a lot more intimate that way

Shirley: Gregory, listen...I don't want to get married anymore

He looked at her, a bit confused but regardless he placed his hand on hers...

Gregory: I know you're getting cold feet...but, we've been together for nine years...we love each other...

Shirley: It's not cold feet...I just realized that I only agreed to get married to you because we've been together for so long...I thought that marriage was the inevitable...I thought that we would have this lasting relationship that everyone in the industry will be jealous of...but...I just don't feel that way about you anymore

Gregory: What do you mean? Don't you still love me?

Shirley: I do...but...it's not the same...

Gregory: Not the same? Shirley, you just got to calm down and think about it, everyone knows we're getting married, I'm still deeply in love with you...don't you think this is just your nerves before the wedding...it's going to be ok, we can get through this...and if you really want, we could postpone the wedding, until you realize that what you're feeling now, isn't what you really feel...

Shirley: I know what I want, I want to break up with you...and if you want me to be happy, then please...

Gregory: You're being unreasonable...give me a good reason why we should even consider breaking up

Shirley: I'm in love with another man

Gregory: What:? Who? You're just making up stories now...I know you had rave reviews playing as a villain in The Brink of Law...but...it's just not working this time around

Shirley: I'm not acting, I'm really in love with another man...and you can ask him yourself

Gregory: Is it my brother?

Shirley: No! It's Andy...

Gregory: What? Andy Lau is married...and I don't really know him...

Shirley: My friend from highschool

Gregory: Really? Him?

Shirley: Yes, him...see you just don't understand me. You always think you know what I want, you always think you know the answers to everything...but you don't. I didn't care about the fact that I made more money than you, but you insisted that you should pick up other jobs and do this and that...which just ended up in us spending less and less time together. You think that I want to have a bunch of kids, but all I want is to have two...everytime we discuss our wedding plans, you always insist that you know what I want

Gregory: Then why didn't you say anything? Why are you doing this now?

Shirley: I didn't say anything because I respect you and love you...but I can't take this anymore...and I realized I can't live the rest of my life like this either...so, if you really love me, just let me go

Gregory: You want me to let go of this relationship we've had for so long...I can't just let go...I can't stop myself from loving you, but...because I love you, I'm willing to sacrifice everything for you to be happy (a tear trickled down his cheek)

Shirley: Thank you...and...could you tell your family about it...and I'll tell mine...I wouldn't know exactly how to face your parents...since they've always treated me like a daughter, all these years

He nodded: But, my birthday is coming up, and well...my parents are expecting you to be there...so if you could come, one last time as my girlfriend

Shirley: I think that's the least I could do

He gave her a warm embrace, but her heart didn't flutter at his touch...and she knew this was how things should resolve for them...

============================

Leave a comment and tell me whether or not I should continue with this thing...the next part, would be called Public Exposure...but if you find this 'stupid' and it just doesn't spark any interest...I shall stop here.

Randomness...OUT!!!

PS. Also, there's a new poll up...make your decision...

No comments: