Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The End is Near: Ch 5

First off, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!!

So, as I said, I'm making this fanfic my holiday special because I actually planned it to be one, but lost track of my original plans...so, I hope you'll enjoy this new chapter and if you haven't read the previous chapters just click on the label 'the end is near'

=======================



Ron: So, let’s get back to my story...how you interrupted me while I was in the middle of a conversation with this amazing woman

Bosco looked at him: How amazing?

Ron: Miss Chinese International amazing

Bosco: Really?

Ron: If I was looking for a pretty woman to be in a new music video, I’d totally pick her

Bosco: So...there’s some attraction going on...interesting

Ron: How is that interesting?

Bosco: Well...if it’s true that her business card is real...then I must say, it’s your lucky day

Ron: How so?

Bosco: She works in the same hospital as the one your mom goes to for her monthly heart check-ups

Ron: Maybe she’s the one

Bosco laughed: Yes, because we’re in some funny romantic comedy and fate seems to be pulling the strings of your love life

Ron: Maybe fate is at work...cause you know, next week my mom has her check up...so I’ll be taking her

Bosco: But next week we’re flying over to Taiwan to film a few scenes, remember?

Ron: I know, I told Myolie to book me a later flight so I could take my mom to the hospital first

Bosco: Speaking of Myolie, I should get going

Ron chuckled: You’re totally whipped

Bosco: Not whipped, just in love and a good boyfriend

Ron: Right...

~ Chung House~

Linda finally drove home after a somewhat long day at work and an interesting conversation at the bar.

Queenie: You’re home early

Linda: Ya...Elaine cancelled on me...so I only had a drink and then went home

Queenie: So you were there alone...did someone try to hit on you?

Linda laughed: Really?

Queenie: Pretty girl, alone at the bar...you know...things like that happen...

Linda took a seat next to her sister

Linda: Well...

Queenie: Well?

Linda: A guy thought I was hitting on him...

Queenie raised her eyebrows: And were you?

Linda: No, he dropped his wallet and I picked it up...so he bought me a drink

Queenie: Hmm...that’s a pretty smart move. So...what’s his name, are you going out again?

Linda: Here, take a look (she handed her the business card)

Queenie: Hmm...a director...Ron Ng...do you think he’s legit?

Linda: How would I know?

Queenie: We could google him, or facebook stalk him...was he cute?

Linda: I guess...maybe...

Queenie looked at her younger sister: And?

Linda: He was really cute

Queenie laughed: So...are you going to call him?

Linda: What if this is some scheme and he’s not a legit director?

Queenie: Alright...fine, let’s leave it up to fate then...if you’re destined to meet again, you will

Linda: Exactly

Queenie sighed: And this exactly why I don’t want to have a daughter

Linda nudged her sister

~ one week later~

~ Hospital~

Elaine: Hey, your schedule is packed today

Linda: I know...Dr. Chun transferred me his patients before leaving

Elaine: Wait...is he coming back?

Linda: He said he’ll be back in three months

Elaine: So...for the next three months you’ll be pretty busy

Linda: I know...

Elaine: So...you have about fifteen minutes before your first patient...Mary Hon

Linda: Alright, I’ll take a little walk then

~ Elevator~

Ron: I’m really sorry mom, I thought I could actually drop you off, and then pick you up, but Myolie couldn’t get me tickets for a later flight than this so...

Mary: Don’t worry, I’ll be fine...

They arrived at the 6th floor, Cardiology. As the elevator opened the two of them stepped out and he saw her.

Ron: Hey

She turned around and was astonished to see him

Linda: Hi

Ron: I didn’t think that you’d be here...well...not today

Linda: Ya...I hold my clinics here...

Mary cleared her throat

Ron: Right, mom, this is a friend of mine...Linda, and Linda...this is my mom...Mary

Linda: Pardon me, but you wouldn’t happen to be Mary Hon?

Mary: Yes I am...how did you know?

Linda smiled: You’re my first patient of the day

Mary: Oh...so you’re Dr. Chun’s replacement...

Linda: Ya...

Mary: Are you my son’s girlfriend?

Linda blushed: No...We’re just friends

Ron: Mom...

Mary: Hey, I have every right to ask...

Ron mouthed the words ‘I’m sorry’ to Linda

At that moment, the elevator doors opened and out came Bosco

Bosco: Dude, you’re going to be late, and Myolie’s going to have a panic attack if you’re late...so I will be the one who has to bear with everything

Ron: Right...so...Linda, or should I call you Dr. Chung

Linda: Linda is fine

Ron: Ok...so, if you don’t mind, can you take my mom into the clinic and check her in. I know, it’s not your job or anything and...

Linda: It’s fine...I’ll take good care of her

Ron smiled: Thank you, I owe you one. And, mom...don’t probe, don’t ask irrelevant questions...and get home safely

Mary laughed: Oh, I have such a wonderful son...now go away...

Bosco: We really should get going

Ron: Fine, bye...and Linda, I’ll give you a call when I get back...ok?

Linda smiled: that sounds good, bye

Bosco: Bye Mrs. Ng...have fun at the doctors (he winked at her)

Mary: Of course (she winked at him)

=======================

I hope you enjoyed it, and the next chapter will be up tomorrow (I don't know if anyone will be reading this during this time of year...but I felt like I should update because I did say I would)

Please leave me a comment or comments and I'll be back very soon!

Once again, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Randomness...OUT!!!

No comments: