Friday, January 1, 2010

2009: A Year in Review: Just a few series

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I can't believe that 2009 is over and that we are currently in the year 2010...I think time totally flew by and it left me a tad bit confused. For some reason I felt that 2009 was one of my least productive years...to think about it...I seem to have not been able to finish any of my fanfics, my grades in university were not what I had hoped for and finally...the series that were out this year were definitely not up to par.

So…I started writing a year end review right before the year ended…yet I couldn’t complete it. I didn’t know of a creative way to show you my view of 2009. However, I figured it out…I’ll use something that I learned in school to convey my message across.

First off, I’d like to say thank you to everyone who continuously supported me and my fanfics over the years and that I truly believe that the motivation that keeps me writing is from your support. I know not everyone who reads, comments, but that’s a given for I, myself am a silent reader (for the most part). Academically, 2009 wasn’t the greatest year for me. I haven’t done as well as I would’ve liked…and so I’m making sure 2010 will be 100 folds better. So far, I’m starting off well, I’m doing my readings and I feel on top of things…but then again it only has been a few days into the term, so hopefully I can keep it up.

Anyways, as I stated previously, I will convey my view of 2009 using something I learned in school…and I did this last year as well when I wrote my year end review…so…what exactly am I going to use? Well…GRAPHS...and other stuff



As you can see from my not so clear graphs, I watched almost 50% of the series produced this year (I included those that were warehoused, and excluded shows like Chip, Beauty and Watchdog) However, of the series I did watch...I only enjoyed three of them. Yes, just THREE. They were You're Hired, Rosy Business and E.U.




And actually...I found myself enjoying You're Hired the most...it was a really entertaining series...I'm not saying that it was the best produced...but in my perspective it was definitely the most enjoyable. Now, you're probably wondering whether or not I've watched the anniversary series like Beyond and Born Rich...and my answer is...I started to...but gave up on both of them.



At first I did enjoy both series, especially Born Rich...but then it occurred to me...that there was just too much talking in both of them. It was always about people being evil, trying to gain more and more and other people bickering...and it wasn't even that witty bickering, it was just nonsensical...and so...i gave up on watching both of them. Beyond was the series that really ticked me off. Why...why must TVB create series with so much talking, so much glaring, and so much make-up? Why? Why?

So...I managed to watch the beginning and the end of both of those series...I used that trick that Power Chan spoke of in You're hired. Where, when people read long reports, they tend to look at the first few pages and the last few...and skip the middle...that's what I did...and from doing so I learned two valuable lessons...one from each of the two grand productions.

Lesson from Beyond: make-up is proportional to evilness...the more make-up you have on...the more evil you are

Lesson from Born Rich: In this day and age, always get a proper DNA test done before you call someone family

Thank you TVB for teaching me two valuable lessons.

And now to continue my review of 2009...let's see...remember how last year I said TVB gave Bosco too many useless roles...well...once again Bosco got more useless roles...and I realized that Kevin is good-looking...but must he always play those prince charming like roles? BF3, which I gave up on...was terrible...why did the producer make Kevin such a Hero and Wong He such a loser? Is it because kevin is better looking? Well...in my opinion...I find Wong He so much more manly...and portraying him as someone with low self-esteem and making him from the king of the world, to the world's slave...was too harsh. I didn't get it...and thus, i gave up on BF3. BF is Wong He's thing...so...the good news is...this probably means there won't be any more BF. Yay for no more crappy sequels to one franchise of series ^_^

I guess we'll end here for today...

So...until next time...I wish everyone a fantastic year, with great health, happiness and success...

Randomness...OUT!!!

No comments: